Millis chat room

Discussion in 'Millis' started by Sully72, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Finalsomnia

Finalsomnia Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Woodstock, GA
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: I worked dispatch for an ambulance service that had this exact same camera system in it. My father was a field supervisor and had full access to the DriveCam system. You know what option they didn't have - and this wasn't just supervisors but all the way up to the company president? The option to live feed. There is an option according to the website for "remote activation," but it functions in the same fashion as setting it off manually (it takes the minute of camera loop, uploads it, and then the company can access that video for a fee). Our DriveCams - and by "our" I mean Millis and not the ambulance service - aren't the remote activated ones, according to the actual documentation I was able to find. But sure, keep up with your conspiracy theories.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    Reason for edit: Clarified "our"
    firemedic2816, FLYMIKEXL and 59EX Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Solo_Seat

Solo_Seat Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hahahaha yeah...keep on believing that

WisconsinF150 Thanks this.
  4. FLYMIKEXL

FLYMIKEXL Medium Load Member

Believing what?

5. Finalsomnia

Apr 8, 2014
    Woodstock, GA
    I'll keep on believing the actual research I've done and the first hand experience I have over either company propaganda OR CB radio cowboys.

59EX, JustNva and FLYMIKEXL Thank this.
  6. WisconsinF150

WisconsinF150 Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2014
    I don't trust your research when I know for a fact they can watch and listen live, not just the 30 second loop either.

As I stated earlier, I was driving down the road doing curls with a little 10 pounder. The exclamation point light was on. After awhile, the light went off and a few minutes later a message to all drivers goes out about doing curls or other exercises when driving.

As far as the technology not being available for live video, you are 20 years behind the curve. You're not Dan or that A'hole nephew of his (also in safety) are you?

7. Finalsomnia

Apr 8, 2014
    Woodstock, GA
    That may have been true for the SmartDrive system, but they swapped those out for the DriveCam system last summer. I never claimed that "live feed" technology doesn't exist, but it isn't part of the system they are using now.

I've set the camera off nearly every day since I got put in a truck with one (the training truck I was on had SmartDrive, the T700 I drive for the first year didn't have one at all, and this T680 has DriveCam) and I've never gotten a single message about it. It's never gone off for a reason I don't understand, though I'll say that the activation triggers are annoying - mostly because of people cutting me off (this truck has that stupid brake mitigation system that tells you how far the car in front of you is) or hitting potholes in the parking lots of the non-chain truck stops. I'm not a fan of it, but it doesn't ruin the job for me.

59EX Thanks this.
  8. 59EX

59EX Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    The reason there is cameras in the trucks now is because of people like you. Did you have your newspaper out and were putting on makeup on as well? C'mon dude.

FLYMIKEXL Thanks this.
  9. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    I left MILLIS about the same time you did and came back about six months ago. Although I didn't leave because of the cameras. I left to do local ltl work. The new cameras I am familiar with. Not the same ones they started with three years ago. There is no way these can record live. I don't know what the old ones did. Never had one. My dac never got dinged so I don't know about that.

59EX and FLYMIKEXL Thank this.
  10. L.B.

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    New 2017 kws have two tanks now. 125 or 150 gallons. Not sure which.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  11. L.B.

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    That's total gallons

FLYMIKEXL Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.