Millis Training School

Discussion in 'Millis' started by Don Future Trucker, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Don Future Trucker

Don Future Trucker Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Greensboro North Carolina
    Recently have gotten my CDL permit and my DOT physical and thinking about applying for Millis school in Eden NC. Any info on the school there and the process for those with CDL and DOTR physical already? What to expect

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Well school is 3 weeks, then orientation. I think you go out with trainer for 15000 miles then come back and take state driving test ( that's how Millis school in Ohio does it).

Don Future Trucker Thanks this.
  4. Don Future Trucker

Jan 11, 2015
    Thanks appreciate the information. How did your training in Ohio go?

5. TheyCallMeTaterSalad

TheyCallMeTaterSalad Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2013
    New York State
    Yup. 3 weeks training, orientation then 15k with trainer. During those 15k you will schedule and take your road test in your state when you and your trainer feel your ready for it. After you get the 15k done you go to a yard with a school and test out with the instructor and they issue you a truck and your on your way.

6. Don Future Trucker

Jan 11, 2015
    Thanks appreciate the information . You still drive for Millis ?

7. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    Like Tator said...but everyone in our class was like 16 to 18k miles...one you get the 15,000 they vector you back to the school which can take a few days...Millis is good. You most likely will have a camera in your truck...just and FYI

Be safe out there

Captain Dave

Puppage and SHOJim Thank this.
  8. Don Future Trucker

Jan 11, 2015
    Thanks appreciate it and yes I know about the cameras .

9. Don Future Trucker

Jan 11, 2015
    Heading to Millis trucking school in Eden next Monday the 29th. I'm excited and nervous

10. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Congrats Don!

Don Future Trucker Thanks this.
  11. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Guys and Gals,

How much trouble did you have communicating with a Millis recruiter? I sent an initial inquiry to them via their web site contact form about who to pose questions I have. I asked for a specific name / number of who I should call. I would have to attend their training school.

I received an email reply from a recruiter relatively quickly (couple hours tops). I mentioned in my first email that I live near one of the Millis terminals and named it. She replied that they do not train there and listed the 2 closest to me without specifically answering my question. I never mentioned or insinuated anything about thinking I would train and the terminal near me, just asked for good contact info / name.

I replied back to that email with all of my questions in bullet point format so they were organized and easy to understand. Tomorrow will be 2 days and so far no reply back. I'm trying to figure out if this is normal because the first reply was relatively quick. Or they just do not want to answer my questions. I asked some detailed ones and ones that I have heard most trucking recruiters do not want to answer in written form. What was your experience?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.