Missed Appointment Times?

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by Reycer, Sep 20, 2013.

1. jtannillo

jtannillo Medium Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Never rely on USA. Always call your shippers and finals even if they tell you not to. If the load assignment doesn't give you a number that is what Google is for. You may be a company driver but do it as if you were a full owner op.

Weeman7898 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Detention is non existent when one is late. What sounds like what is going on is a poor dispatcher or planner. They have a load to cover but no driver is readily available. They find a driver but the window has closed. Instead of telling the driver the real deal they lie to the driver just to get the load moving. A late load is better than no load is how they look at it. Secure it and we'll deal with the driver later when he figures it out.

You either need to try another load board or get away from that company. Someone like that doesn't care about their drivers.

J_FROG, Thomas0810 and Hammer166 Thank this.
  4. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    We've already gotten rid of Cliff, and why did you run into one of our trucks?

DGStrong71 Thanks this.
  5. DGStrong71

DGStrong71 Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2013
    70° west
    Another example of the big misconception that USA drivers are all new, just starting out and don't know what they are doing. I often pretend that I don't know what I'm doing just to hear what someone like you has to say.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
    Weeman7898 Thanks this.
  6. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    Sliding tandems and adjusting weights is part of the upgrade testing. If you can't or don't pass you get 2 more weeks of training. So I doubt this was the case, but its always possible. I see many experienced drivers that can't read the no parking, trucks use left lane, and other signs and they are still driving, so I guess anything is possible.

7. Reycer

Reycer Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Ohio
    Well if ANY driver doesn't know how to slide tandems or 5th Wheel to adjust weights then they have absolutely no business even driving a truck. Period.

8. Reycer

Reycer Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Ohio
    But back on topic. I finally got out of the door at 1 AM, dropped the load at the drop yard and headed home. Now for jury duty....crap, maybe sitting in the door wasnt so bad after all. Rofl.

9. DGStrong71

DGStrong71 Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2013
    70° west
    I usually just answer the questionnaire dishonestly so that I don't get picked for the jury. You'd probably make a poor juror anyway, considering how you were so quick to pass judgment on that student and trainer without any concrete evidence. I'd say yoy have a pretty good shot at not getting picked anyway.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  10. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    Hey Jury Duty or Drive truck? Might as well take jury duty. The pay is about the same. Lol

Thomas0810 Thanks this.
  11. jtannillo

jtannillo Medium Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Good pun buddy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.