Mobile CB mic

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by BTShepp, Sep 20, 2016.

1. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    One thing I've found about the YouTube mic reviews: they always show how the mic sounds in a quiet room with little or no background noise. Put that same mic in a noisy truck (take my straight-piped W9 for example) and the whole world may change. Or it may not. Best way to know for sure is to try it.

Having said that, I've found that the SRA 198 is a great mic for truck use, as well as the Astatic 636L, and the OLD Telex/Turner Road King 56's. I have not used a new RK 56, but the general opinion is that they suck.

bored silly and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bored silly

bored silly Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2016
    yea
    I got through to mark and have his number thanks for your help with that Craig its appreciated....

4. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    clay and Robert are both good men and like what they do they are there to help you not blow smoke up your butt. like a lot of these cb shop idiots !!! Robert is a excellent antenna man.........

wolverine11 Thanks this.
  5. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    I've seen some of the crap antennas and coax that Robert gets stuck working on its unbelievable. but he does the best he can with some people's sub par crap !!!

wolverine11 Thanks this.
  6. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Well i would kill to meet up with a good antenna person..This reading and trying is just not cuttin it..A person learns a tip and trys it but there is always a sub idea that doesnt get passed along..Then ya get fustraited cause it doesnt work..
    Bad enough most cb shops are havks but most of those know even less about antenna..

rabbiporkchop and bored silly Thank this.
  7. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada

I have his # but rather not give his # out without his say so..

rabbiporkchop and bored silly Thank this.
  8. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    that's understood I don't think you can give phone numbers out on this forum anyway. at least I've never seen it !!! thanks for your help

9. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    I wouldnt out in the open no matter who,even pvt i would have to ask him 1st..Figured if he aint expectin your call he may not answer...So its better you two set stuff up so both are on same page..But i saw the vid he did of your on youtube..

10. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    well I'm a very very crazy mofo and marks right there with me ...I don't take s--t from anyone ever...and I'm not seeing where he does either....I will literally make someone's day with a quickness

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.