More wildly inaccurate info from the media courtesy of the ATA

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Studebaker Hawk, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    zentrucking Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    I believe if there was really such a big problem with turnover and driver shortages, there wouldn't be a company out there with more than 1 truck. Nobody can have 50 or 200 trucks just sitting without drivers and still stay in business. The bean counters would never stand for that.

zentrucking Thanks this.
  4. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    Wasn't a poorly written article, I didn't find much to disagree with. Definitely seen a lot worse. Basically saying otr trucking is a craptastic job/career and able-bodied folks with half a brain are smart enough to find a decent job where they will be compensated properly and have a healthy work-life balance

123456 Thanks this.
  5. powerhousescott

powerhousescott Medium Load Member

Jun 17, 2015
    Pecuiar, MO
    Hmm I liked the comments where they were trying to blame Ronald Reagan for deregulation.

Here is the truth a Democrat busted up the Teamster Union

Increasing public interest in deregulation led to a series of federal laws beginning in 1976 with the Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act. The deregulation of the trucking industry began with the Motor Carrier Act of 1980, which was signed into law by President Carter on July 1, 1980.

Why would President Reagan who was a member of the Actors Guild (a Union) want to go out an bust up Unions? It always cracks me up when people try and blame him for that.

They (shippers/manufacturers) had to get a Peanut farmer from Georgia to do it for them. HA HA HA HA

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    When you see cnn in a sentence,

you can generally skip that article.

zentrucking and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.