Moron Stories

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by PChase, Mar 2, 2015.

1. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    Ok, I don't know if this has cropped up in here so here goes...

I was leaving a Love's early one morning and it was total chaos trying to get out. Tiny lot and no room to move. I wiggled my way out of my spot and got in line to head out through the fuel isle. A guy gets out of his truck, climbs onto the side if my truck and asks... "Are you leavin' ?" I said "eventually." He said " Aw, you don't have to be a ####er about it. I just want your spot!" He saw me pull out of the spot. And he asked if I was leaving.

MORON!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    People have a hard time getting to the point for some reason. Gotta beat around the bush and ask some unrelated question first.

Or try to phrase the question to get the answer they want to hear, sometimes to the point it dosent make any sense.

When they want to know of the coops are open they ask for a radio check. Uhh, does it break that often you need to ask?

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. GoLowes48

GoLowes48 Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2015
    What trucking would be if we didn't have to encounter morons!!!

5. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I was sat at the J in Sioux Falls. A Schneider truck pulls out of the truck stop and catches one of the large landscape boulders (3-4ft dia) with his trailer tandems. He proceeds to roll this rock in front of his trailer tandems up to the intersection, makes a left turn and leaves the boulder in the middle of the intersection. Never stops, keeps on trucking, Moron!

6. Dye Guardian

Dye Guardian Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2015
    North
    What! Wow...

7. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    Nice. Leaves a lot of room for improvement.

8. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    At that nasty little Pilot in Denver on the 70, I saw Werner truck pull in, drag the outer tandems over an 18" concrete wall, cut the outside tire, bend the rim, park, and the two drivers head for the store. Turned out they were both trainees! Blind leading the blind, I don't get it but I hear some megas do it that way. They just called road service and went back inside.

9. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I refer to the guy I saw at the Love's in Ellensburg, WA pop his tire and bend his rim on a stem wall, go to sleep, then take off in the morning and only noticed it at the Snoqualmie pass chain up area.

D.Tibbitt, QuietStorm and x1Heavy Thank this.
  10. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    A Moron?!, Just confirming was leaving your spot, No one keeps track of others doings. Far as he knew could of just seen you pulling out and confirmed it. Seen plenty of drivers pull out and back in to take a call and hang tight or re-position trailer, Calling another driver moron is subjective, Can't see his/her point of view.

11. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Don't mind me. I'm just here for the stories. (So far.)

x1Heavy, flood and lmcclure1220 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.