Most embarrassing moment as a trucker.

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by metallifreak10, Mar 29, 2015.

1. UncleRubaDub

UncleRubaDub Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Left Coast
    Sitting in the Flying Hook TV room watching the NBA playoffs, place was filled to standing room only. Suddenly I felt an overwhelming urge to pass gas. Now normally I would have did the polite thing and went to the rest room to let loose, however, I didn't want to lose my seat so I decided I could probably sneak one off without anyone noticing. I casually leaned over to one side and much to my horror it was a lot bigger and louder than I had anticipated. On top of that, the naugahyde cushion on the chair acted as an amplifier. Brraaaaaaaaaap! It sounded remarkably like a big cam II 400 Cummins with full Jakes on. The TV shook and all the windows in the place rattled.
    Then I noticed that nobody was watching the game any longer and all eyes were on me. In order to draw attention away from myself I turned to a rather portly driver who was sitting next to me, waved my hand in front of my nose, and exclaimed "Dude, you ought to lay off those chili dogs!". Then when everyone focused their attention on my new friend I got up and quickly exited the building pretending to be greatly offended. Went out to my truck, closed the curtains and listened to the rest of the game on the radio.

icsheeple Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    I heard about that. There was a family of four killed that night when they drove off a collapsed bridge.

truckon Thanks this.
  4. Bout Z

Bout Z Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2015
    so. ohio
    I went to pick up my very first load as a rookie flat bed driver. A load of supersacks at a little mom n pop type factory with about 20 employees. I backed in the building, got my load, chatted it up with a few of the workers, and pulled out in the front lot to tie down and tarp. The workers followed me out the door, to sit under a gazibo in front of the building, and take their lunch break.

I had my tarps all stretched out across the load, my straps laid out, and was making my way to the back of the trailer to hop down and tighten my straps, when my foot got tangled up in one of the straps. I fell off the side, straight onto my back, landing on my elbows.

There I am, laying on my back, the strap still wrapped aroun my foot, and everyone sitting under that gazibo rushes over to see if I'm alright. I jump up, as quick as I can, both my elbows bleeding profusely. Trying to play it off, one guy radios in the office for someone to bring out some bandages, a woman rushes out, wraps me up, the workers go back to break, I finish securing the load, and get down the road.

From that point on, every time I went back to that plant, everyone, including office staff, called me the fallguy.

heyns57 Thanks this.
  5. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    So... did everybody miss what he said or did I read it wrong?

Well here's my story, new cdl driver and miss my stop. A few miles down I saw a guard house in front of a gated residential area.
    "Oh nice I'll just ask the guard if he can open it up and I can turn around"

Yeah it was decoration and I couldn't backup. So I attempt to makeep a u turn behind the guard shack anddddddd nope couldn't fit. So now I'm blocking both incoming and outgoing lanes to this rich gated residential place. Only thing I could do was backup to let outgoing go, pull forward for incoming. Acting like a traffic device. Eventually a guy came up and said
    "You see these flowers and bushes? Yeah run it down"

So I did and left

6. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    I'm too embarrassed to say therefore I don't have any embarrassing moments to mention

McCauley Thanks this.
  7. Winston99

Winston99 Bobtail Member

May 5, 2015
    Delivering meat carcases with the meat hanging from hooks on rails on the cieling of the truck. Protocol is to turn the last hook backwards so that the other hooks are all stopped at the last one, make sense?

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...-n-a-rostov%2Fts-vi1080852%2Fnew.html;564;600

I forgot to lock off, and turn the last hook around, when I pulled up and opened the doors, half my load had slid down the rails and onto the floor, they all fell out the truck onto a bitumen carpark and more carcases were sliding down the rails and onto the floor.They were sides of beef and nothing was stopping them.

I

Cali kid Thanks this.
  8. CaliforniaJellyroll

CaliforniaJellyroll Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2015
    Oh em gee Winston99, I think you won the competition!

9. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Was doing a drop and hook at a warehouse, tired and a rookie. I drop the loaded at the dock search and found an empty race to the front gate. Security tells me " ahh they say you forgot to open your doors". All I could do was laugh and tell myself you idiot.

10. BamaBabe243

BamaBabe243 Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2015
    A couple of weeks ago I decided I would ride with my husband to Whitehouse, TN to unload. As we were backed into the dock, he decided that he was going to, um, pleasure me. Right in the middle of my "peak" the man unloading us knocked on the door. I was mortified!

And I might add that I am nowhere near quiet when the time comes. I didn't leave the sleeper until we were well away from the warehouse.

11. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    That's awesome lol and don't feel bad you aren't the first wife that's happened to.....as mine would attest to if she wasn't still red faced thinking about it a couple years after the fact lol

lee2442 and BamaBabe243 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.