Mr Bults Inc. MBI

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by DIESELDOCTOR, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Jags666

Jags666 Bobtail Member

May 6, 2016
    [QUOgreat company totattoo1967, post: 2621437, member: 36300"]30 hours a week on average waiting to get loaded. not paid for this. 15-16 hour days. equipment constantly breaking down. no breakdown pay. overweight loads, over height loads. walk on trash that looks like dog vomit just to roll up a wet,slimy, stinking mesh tarp. no fall protection. can't get enough loads because trucks, and or loaders constantly break down. called in every weekend. when something goes wrong it's always the drivers fault. yep, great company to work for.[/QUOTE]

Yup great company to work for indeed (not). Most companies Mr. BULTS included boast good positions but when it all comes down to it pretty much is just advertising. The real deal you will experience once employed. This said its not a great experience. The negative reviews I have read are right on target and then some. They sat however experience is the best teacher. Trust that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. markk

markk Medium Load Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Here in wichita ks MBI is Midwest Bulk Inc . trash , end dumps and hoppers . Guy I talked with liked it in hopper . Said 5 days , home every Friday unless you want to work more . No one even calls you to load unless you ask for one , so be lazy if you want i guess . Trucks i see everyday look nice enough .

4. Twoguns30

Twoguns30 Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2016
    I work in the wichita mr bults division currently. I have read the rest of the comments. I make great money for being home every night. We have a great manager here. He is on top of maintenance if there's a problem with equipment it get fixed no questions. We just traded 9 trucks out to another division and the trucks we got were newer and in worse shape than the ones we traded. The boss and mechanic spent a week and had all of them up to our standards. The job is what you make of it. Some divisions have good maintenance others not so much. I work on average of 50 to 55 hrs a week and still get great pay for it. Go to work for the company and make your own opinion of it.

5. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    What's great pay? I worked out of Burnham ( Headquarters ) and we are the only location that is Union and the highest paid out of any yard in the country. The money doesn't match the hours worked. Comes out to $14-16 bucks an hour. Maybe in Wichita that's good money but for driving a semi that's terrible money.

The person making the money is Jim Bults that's why he flys his Helicopter to work.

6. cat2

cat2 Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Massachusetts
    Hello, I have been with these guys for almost a year. Been driving for 20.. Your right. Jim Bults is the one that's making the $$$. Not us. I have "researched" what a heavy hauler should make. I have put time and effort into it. I talked to other drivers and went to a website called "US bureau of labor statistics. I've done my homework. I am coming up with $20.00 an hour and time and one half after eight. Ok this outfit pays by the load. I work hard smell rotten garbage all day except while driving. Methane gas ect. I do 3 loads a day. I work 11 - 12 hours. I make anywhere from $175.00 to $190.00 a day. That works out to $16.00 - $16.50 an hour at straight time. MBI is getting a 25% per hour discount for the use of my cdl. If Im waiting I don't get paid for the first 2 hours. After that it's $12.00 an hour. Same with breakdown pay at $12.00 an hour. This is BS. Tell your auto mechanic or home contractor his first 2 hours are free. They say if you don't like your job "quit". But I say it's sad to see big companies and not just MBI using guys like this. You bet that they are living large. So I will say thanks for reading my post. I will look for a company that will pay what it's worth . By the hour time and a half after 8. If not the the hell with it. Hang it up.

HalpinUout and carramrod32 Thank this.
  7. Bigtrucker10

Bigtrucker10 Bobtail Member

May 4, 2018
    I wouldn’t work. They have favorited like dave knights in Albany ny. Drives wreck less steals from company. Calls black people n word and they do nothing. He beats woman. He caused other drivers to lose there jobs. So be aware of working there

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.