My A&R Transport Adventure .

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by M Lee Rhodes, Feb 11, 2016.

1. M Lee Rhodes

M Lee Rhodes Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Somewhere in America..
    My first job out of School was hauling Haz Tank out of St Gabe LA. And absolutely loved it. I said If I'm going to be a driver, a tank is going to be behind me..
    But due to family issues I had to move back to my home state. After looking in to every other trucking outfit near me and then every other OTR outfit I could google, talking to their recruiters I come to the realization.
    They all sucked. They could in no way compare to pay, work style, way of running or challenges of hauling tank. Then I remembered those big shiny blue AR trucks I kept seeing everywhere. So I called and talked to the Recruiter then I was able to talk to the terminal manager and they sounded great.
    Lots of runs, very challenging work and the pay sounds very good,
    Lets see if ANY of that is actually true.

So after filling out the Online application I had my phone interview was offered the job. Then I went to the in person interview. I went for my piss test, physical and something i've never done before a function test.
    You will do this for AR.
    It involves, Movement test, endurance test, and lifting test, which involves lifting 90lbs from the ground and putting it on a rack above chest height. 6 times. Its not that bad.
    Then I went back filled out a pile of paperwork was given my debt comdata card and a bunch of other things.
    I start training the 22nd. the training pay sounds very good as well. its more than most places pay their drivers in a whole week, and that's just sad when you think about it..
    So from here on out will be a no ######## review of every aspect of this company. Because if they jerk me around and most importantly, lied to me, I'm gone.
    Stay tuned.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. prisoner61786

prisoner61786 Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2011
    I am looking forward of reading more about your experience at A&R

Canned Spam Thanks this.
  4. Jrock9761

Jrock9761 Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2016
    What company did you work for out of St Gabriel? I'm in CDL school in Baton Rouge

5. alpo718

alpo718 Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2015
    Any updates? I put an app in, they called me yesterday, and are supposed to call me Monday. I'm assuming for a phone interview.

6. DMAX66

DMAX66 Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Chicagoland
    I have been driving for A&R for almost a year and a half now and I have been very happy so far. What terminal are you running out of?

QuietStorm Thanks this.
  7. alpo718

alpo718 Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2015
    If all goes well, Parkersburg WV. I've been fighting a respiratory infection the last week and haven't been able to follow thru. Hopefully Monday I should know something.

8. Fast04gt

Fast04gt Light Load Member

Mar 15, 2014
    How's it going? How's the owner operators doing out of that terminal

9. TruckerVinny

TruckerVinny Medium Load Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Ohio
    @M Lee Rhodes, did you ever hire on with A&R? I was just looking at their website and it looks positive. I see their trucks all the time in Ohio.

10. TimFromFl

TimFromFl Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2016
    Florida
    I ran out of Charlotte. Miles were short with out and in runs there.

11. Iggy1219

Iggy1219 Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Romeo, Michigan
    I was with A&R for a year and loved it but it was time to be home everyday. I ran out of morris truck 2622. If i ever go back otr or they open a terminal in the metro Detroit area i will be back in a heart beat. Hope everything is working out.

QuietStorm Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.