My adventures at CRST Malone

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by playamwj12, Sep 17, 2015.

1. playamwj12

playamwj12 Heavy Load Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Hi everyone I'm Michael, 26 years old and I've been in a lease purchase with Malone since June 12th.

I already know.... save it. OMG they suck what're you thinking, haven't you heard the stories, Lease purchase really???

Now let me tell you the truth.

I run with a lot of freedom, we have a load board with between 350-1000 loads posted on it at any given time, and about 50 agents working with us that we pull freight for. I have a fleet manager who I rarely speak to and don't need to to be successful.

I have a 2013 cascadia for $375 a week and 185 a week trailer rental. EVERYTHING minus windshields is covered bumper to bumper until September 2017 on my truck. After that I will enter a different period of maintenance. After insurance everything my weekly expenses are 918.74 a week, before fuel.

I know what you want to hear, MONEY how much money right? Since getting my truck on June 12th and taking three weeks off one vacation, two for the loss of my wife's father. Not counting this week.

I've ran 19,798 miles including deadhead miles, and I've generated $39,629.55 worth of revenue. Average weekly bring home before setting aside for taxes 1250-2600

How? I am an extremely motivated greedy son of a gun who is after every dollar he can get, NYC, east west I don't care I run everywhere. I keep myself pre planned, and give excellent customer service. I am willing to tarp, chain and strap anything that will fit on the deck or get permits for what doesnt. I can be home every weekend if need be. The reviews on here before me failed because of to much home time, a nagging wife asking when their coming home and bad BUSINESS decisions. I have a 7 month old daughter and an amazing supportive wife at home, failing isn't an option. Multiple combat tours didn't make me a man, I only grew up faster. Men take responsibility and take care of their own. I love my family and want to be home, however I grew up with little, and letting them go without isn't an option. So I try to get through the house every couple weekends.

If your interested I will try to keep in contact with what I'm doing weekly and how I'm making out.

MALONE is my favorite company in the three years I've been driving commercially.

Thursday I picked up two steel coils taped in Savannah GA paying $700 on 270 miles to Marietta GA. Unloaded same day and slept in Commerce GA at the TA. Loaded Friday morning in Jefferson GA for a load of Kubota tractors paying $850 on 393 miles to Lynchburg VA and went home until Monday. Delivered Monday and picked up no tarp pipe in Lynchburg VA paying $2700 on 1262 miles going to Kearney NE to finish the week. Delivered yesterday and started my first load this week. Grand Island Nebraska to Heyburn, Idaho no tarp plastic pipe $2163 on 920 miles. Currently in Snowville Utah for the night at the flying hook.

Hope you follow, feel free to hate and down on me. Theirs a 100% you never step foot under my table to eat, therefore your opinions are only words.

May high rates bless you,
    Mich

mjg4015, lar.308, BullJockey and 21 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    10..9...8...7 get ready to duck!

HorseShoe and playamwj12 Thank this.
  4. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    Good to hear your happy and making money. Keep it up.

5. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    Sounds like you are doing pretty well.

Are those rates To The Truck after there cut, or gross rates before CRST gets there cut ?

playamwj12 Thanks this.
  6. playamwj12

Aug 22, 2012
    All numbers are to the truck, I avoid cheap freight and will deadhead rather than feed a hungry agent.

I forgot to mention, you get little assistance here, they teach you the system it's up to you to make it work for you. No baby sitting or FM finding loads for you.

KevinE, Loke, skinnytrucker and 2 others Thank this.
  7. playamwj12

Aug 22, 2012
    Total income =how much your bringing home. Miles = all miles including dead head that week

8. playamwj12

Aug 22, 2012
    For example not too hard to this here.

Attached Files:

9. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Glad it works for you...

Sorry to hear about your father... Lost mine last year... I'm 32... Pretty tough being as young as you an I are...

Take care

10. oldog1984

oldog1984 Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2010
    columbus,ohio
    It's great to hear you are doing good I ran into another Malone guy last week at a ta and he was telling me he was doing pretty good also it's good to hear the good ones on here . Thanks and keep posting we both have 2 other members on here that done good at Malone also but move on to bigger things neither one had any thing bad to say they made it work for them. . Thanks for posting

11. zinita17601

zinita17601 Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    lancaster pa
    2013 cascadia for $375 a week,thats a very good deal.how many miles on the truck and how long till u own it?

HorseShoe Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.