My experience at SWIFT

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Unknown0453, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Unknown0453

Unknown0453 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2015
    I wish he would come to my terminal. My loads are all short 50-500 only a couple 1000 miles, I'm sure they save those for the trainers and bribers. Ive always been 100% on time theres nothing I hate more in life than being late. Yet my average load length is 300 miles. I still manage to make $6-$700 a week tho.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    Toomanybikes Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Unknown0453

Unknown0453 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2015
    Yes he did, there was 4 of us one guy was just kicked out of his trainers truck and forced to take the test even tho he didn't complete his training because his trainer said he couldn't drive. But the 3 of us all passed, the female drove half a block, I made a turn and drove half a block, the other male drove another block, and the one that supposedly couldn't drive, drove us back.
    we didn't even do the backing.
    He literally said it's time for lunch so you all pass.

Toomanybikes Thanks this.
  4. Urziel

Urziel Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Laredo was the worst when I worked there in 2009. One of the reasons I left swift was the regional dispatch made it a kiss up contest to get a load outside of your home terminal area. Hell I was based in OKC and even Dallas (who were my planners) snubbed their nose at me more than once for not being based in Lancaster.

Toomanybikes and Unknown0453 Thank this.
  5. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Thanks for confirming what I saw. Jerry should have done that more often but it is a little hard to when turnover is already at 100%

CasanovaCruiser Thanks this.
  6. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Sounds like Swift, the bad trainer - that's just bad luck.

I really would like to express to anyone at Swift that while your terminal leadership might not give a rats ### about you corporate in Phoenix will.

Swift has some problems and JMoyes is trying to sort them out I truly believe. Use that "Voice your Choice" thing. Also call your recruiter. They're helpful even after you're hired - mostly because they actually answer the phone and are in closer contact with big wigs in the company.

Swift stuck me in a locked tow yard for 24 hours. After getting nowhere with my terminal FM I edited all my time on the Qualcomm to On Duty so I was like 20 hours over violation. Got a call from corporate 20 minutes later and after I explained my situation they had a pizza delivered to me and a truck to come repower the load.

You have to get creative with them to be heard.

7. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    You can go over your 70 while on line 4 without a violation.

8. CasanovaCruiser

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Yes but the 30 minute rule still applies. I had plenty of time on my 70 anyway.

9. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Still not in violation. You can sit on line 4 for 100 hours and not violate. You will need to take a reset though before you drive. Remember, all the rules limit is drive time, no other times.
    Yes, yes I know on-duty time affects drive time, but on-duty is not limited.

-Steven

10. Urziel

Urziel Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Correct, you're only in violation once you hit line 3 in that instance.

11. CasanovaCruiser

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    I guess you're right as I wasn't driving at the time.
    Never realized that but it still got their attention so my goal was accomplished.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.