My experience starting out at A&R Transport

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by DMAX66, Feb 13, 2015.

1. bilbil

bilbil Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2015
    hello I live in south jersey was interested in A&R. TALKED WITH THE TERMINAL MGR IN PHILA. ABOUT 45 MINS AWAY, WOULD LIKE TO RUN REGINAL I HEAR PHILA TERMINAL RUNS A LOT OF LOCAL..I BEEN PULLING BULK TANK FOR 12 YRS MOSTLY SAND, NEED BETTER PAY I HEAR SOME DRIVERS DO PRETTY GOOD BENIFITS ARE IMPORTANT FOR ME. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE PHILA. TERMINAL?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DMAX66

DMAX66 Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Chicagoland
    I have not been to that terminal, but I can tell you so far A&R has been a good company to work for. Every terminal manager or dispatcher I have dealt with has been very friendly. You always have the option to run out of any terminal. I do a lot of out and back regional freight out of the Morris terminal (typically 350-450 miles round trip). For example you could get a run that delivers near Morris, then run a few out and back loads out of the Morris yard, then return to Philly when you want to go home.

4. DMAX66

DMAX66 Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Chicagoland
    We have blue cross blue shield insurance, Short term/Long term disability and IRA.

5. White Knuckle

White Knuckle Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Richmond , Va
    Word is Philly terminal is moving soon. Not very far from the current sight, but in a better building with
    a shop to do maintenance and pms. I've been to the current sight a dozen times or so. I'm a system driver so I get in and out as quick as I can. Most of their drivers do run local.

6. Pneu-Matics

Pneu-Matics Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2014
    West Unity, Oh
    We just finished moving into the new terminal in Philadelphia. nice big location with a brand new tank wash and a shop they're staffing up.

7. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    What stinks is the 6% wage tax in philly but i think the health insurance is around 43 per week or close for a single person they need drivers in philly cause they called me three times dont sound to bad id be interested but i live over one hour away.

8. youngscholar

youngscholar Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2012
    chicago, il
    @DMaxDude you still at a&r? Or if any body still is how is it over there now?

9. pony express 0001

pony express 0001 Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Ain't that the truth. I worked at A&R for 5 years and running around empty when it was raining or snowing was dangerous. Those tanks are very light and hydroplane real easy.

10. poppapump1332

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Yep i use to back trailer brakes off when running in snow.

11. poppapump1332

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Looks like they closed the terminal in philly anybody know where they went?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.