My JCT "Failure"....

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by KeithT1967, Jun 22, 2015.

1. t660man

t660man Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2013
    How are you doing today?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Markcurry

Markcurry Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2015
    have they told you that you have to doctor your logs or you will be fired like the told me, oh that oh that's right they got audited and were forced to go electronic logs, guess there not doctoring logs any more, and taxed me $900 dollars on my credit report, best of luck to you

4. KeithT1967

KeithT1967 Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
    No denying JCT was an "outlaw" outfit at one time. Sorry you got burned by it. Hope you're doing well now.

5. VolvoTerry

VolvoTerry Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Based out of Omaha,NE
    No company out there is a perfect fit for everybody. What works for one may not work for another. I recently left JCT after 8 years. I joined them back in the outlaw days and came out the door running. Pay was great as long as you were willing and capable of running like that. By the time elogs came around I had become comfortable. Driving makes up less that 1/3 of my total anual income and I was familiar with how things were done at JCT. Until doing all of my homework before purchasing my own truck and heading over to LS I was content to run for what I was used to. Leaving JCT was a financial decision and a bitter sweet parting. The company from John, Daryl and Danny have treated me well the entire time I was with them and personally I hated to leave. That being said, I have told everyone who ever asked me, if you are in a position to get your own truck, you can get more truck for less money than a lease and that was were I was. Once I made that decision it became a no brainer to work even smarter and make more money on less miles, less wear and tear, and less time away from home.
    For those looking into becoming an owner operator, a lease like JCT offers is a "safe" way to test the waters and get your business mind in order before stepping out on your own.

88 Alpha and TAfool Thank this.
  6. KeithT1967

KeithT1967 Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
    Now I know who you are! Hope your new endeavour, landstar?, is going well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.