My journey with Orange starts

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by softail, Jul 21, 2014.

1. softail

softail Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    Today, I went for an interview with a local tanker company as a fuel hauler. Yesterday, I saw an ad on craigslist. Called and talked with the office manager and set up the appointment for today to fill out an interview/application.

Filled out application which was about an inch thick (which took about 1.5 hours). To my surprise, the manager wanted to take my on a road test in a Peterbilt (10 speed). They some P/B 13 speeds also. Nice truck. Lasted almost an hour. Got back to office and looked over my application and talked more. He says everything looks good. He then asks if I want to go for a UA. Sure no problem. Off for a UA I go.

Will know in 3 -5 days if everything come back good. It should.

The rotating shift is 5 day on, 2 days off, 5 days on, 3 days of (every other weekend off). As much OT as you want up to your legal hours. 12 hour shifts. 6 week training period.

Tomorrow, I have interviews with the local transit bus company and a local company that hauls propane.

More to come. Keeping my options open.

scythe08, scottlav46, Grijon and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. taugust

taugust Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Cuyamaca, CA
    Greg, sorry to see you go. I certainly see your need to move on. This thread has been a great way to keep up to date. Best of luck in your new ventures. I hope it all works out well for you. Keep in touch.

I am seeing changes that seem to indicate, as you have found, that they are not treating the drivers as well as they used to. It seems to be cyclic. I will try to hang in until two years. We shall see.

softail Thanks this.
  4. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    taugust - Thanks. I don't understand the move away from the way SNI was treating its drivers. To allow a person to change a company policy to benefit themselves that effects 15-20 drivers.

Stay in touch. You have my number. Hope all is going well for you in TX.

Ketchikan baby Thanks this.
  5. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Write a letter to the head of he van division. Lofgren too. Lay it all out.

6. Road Jouster

Road Jouster Light Load Member

LMAO...

scythe08 Thanks this.
  7. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    Got a return call from the interview last week. I start tomorrow. Start by watch videos.

The pay schedule is $18.00/ hr for training. From the end of training to 90 days is $20.00/hr. After 90 days $21.35/hr. In July, get $1.00 raise.

Was able to talk to a couple of drivers. They said they were pretty happy.

I will keep you updated.

8. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    Good Luck

softail Thanks this.
  9. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    Rack up all the overtime you can if possible! Wish you well

softail Thanks this.
  10. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    I will add things as I go. Quarterly safety bonus are $975.00. If you get previous 3 quarters, 4 quarter bonus is $1375.00. Last year 87% of drivers got bonuses. So bonus are doable.

Ketchikan baby and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  11. warhippy

warhippy Medium Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Nice!!! Seems there are only two of us left from our orientation (myself and Taugust). Some didn't last a month, some were let go for tickets or wrecks and the rest moved on. I did okay last year but worked my butt off to do so. I made 71K but had to finish the year working 86 of 90 days to reach that. Just took s month off and will reevaluate what is next. With Fontana closing I don't know what changes will happen on West Coast for Teams. I had a good working relationship with the DBL's in Fontana but none of them are moving to Phoenix.

I'm off until the 25th or so and am looking local part time. Nothing against Schneider but I do see changes that are not favorable to the drivers. Had I been in your situation I would have done the same thing you did. Looks like you made a good move.

Stay safe and please keep us updated

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.