My journey with Orange starts

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by softail, Jul 21, 2014.

1. softail

softail Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    Thanks my friend, warhippy. I had no plans to leave. It just happened that way. Life goes on.

Rich (computer nerd) still may be working there. He lives somewhere near the S El Monte yard.

image.jpeg
    Here is a picture of what I will be driving from the company's website. 105,500 lbs. Truck cost $350,000.00. Haul another $40,000.00 in fuel. 600 HP.

Watch 6 hours of videos today. Today had a 1.5 hour safety meeting. All trucks have front facing cameras. Watch videos others drivers who had hard braking or other issues. Talked about them. If you attend all safety meeting in the quarter whether on duty or not, you get $200.00. Yes, you get paid to attend. 25 drivers attended. Company bought Pizza and drink

Manager says starting pay is near $70K. With OT, can top out near $90K. Work 5/2, 5/3 rotating days.

Company is based in Colton CA. With other offices in Portland OR, Kent WA and Tacoma WA.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    Grijon, 91B20H8 and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Good luck...stay safe driving those...we know how people drive around those...

softail Thanks this.
  4. Ketchikan baby

Ketchikan baby Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2015
    I'm in the Seattle area. Would be interested in learning more about this company if you could pm me with the details.

5. softail

softail Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    Completed my 1st week at Superior TankLines. Worked 59 hours. Today was day off. Tomorrow is also my day off, but working OT.

Terminology is still beyond me. Truck will hold 11,500 gallons of gas. I had to go to a safety class at one refinery and get "carded". The "card" is for operating the pumps to load gas. Only 8 more to go. Next week I have 2 classes to attend to get carded. Have learned a lot and a ton more to learn. The first 2 days, all I did was watch him work and explain things.

My trainer has been with the company for 5 years. He was with Werner for 12 years and was a trainer there. I am his first trainee here. He has over a million miles safe driving.

I think I made the right choice.

scythe08, taugust, Onetime47 and 9 others Thank this.
  6. taugust

taugust Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Cuyamaca, CA
    That is certainly a reality check on that rig. Going from dry van to double tanker hazmat. Using all of your endorsements.

I just got a call back from Stevens Tanker Division in Dallas. They are interested. I will call them back. This would be hauling frac sand in the oilfield. Will see how it shakes out.

7. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    And as isualy, Im,late to the party. I've loved your thread here, Man , and I hope you keep it going with your adventures. I look forward to seeing more of them.
    I'm still considering,moving out that way, but my blood pressure recently went over the 140/90 limit, just a few digits, but enough to fail me, so I won't pass another DOT physical. Kinda scared, I never had planned on not being able to drive anymore. I've tried to get a non driving job, but I can't even get a forklift job, because I don't have 'recent' experience despite the fact that its.....a forklift, and I was driving them before my interviewer was born, and they haven't changed much. Applied everywhere but fast food and groceries, but 12 years of driving and 4 years of refinery work don't add much skills to today's market, I guess.

8. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    BP meds man.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  9. warhippy

warhippy Medium Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    My BP was high also....Mickeyrat is correct. You get a one year med card if taking meds but it does work.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  10. Road Jouster

Road Jouster Light Load Member

You can take this comment serious... Drink natural Hibiscus tea (Red Zinger great brand). Some of the BP meds are compounded with high concentrations of hibiscus. My BP generally runs in the low 120s/80s with low heart rate (I have a bimonthly report from my Doc for over a year). When I took my DOT physical my BP soared. It's called "white coat syndrome" that many have according to my Doc. You should have not have been failed but given a 90 day temp card at minimum if not a year. That will allow you time to get your BP under control and retest.

scythe08, Grijon and warhippy Thank this.
  11. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I didn't mean to hijack the thread, but you all are the only ones I can really talk about it with.
    I don't have any driver friends anymore, other than here.
    I haven't actually Been failed at the physical. I monitor it myself by stopping in a clinic every 6 months or so and asking them if they can do it. Its usually free and off the record. When I checked led it last week and saw it was over, I bought my own kit and do it everyday now, so I can show a doctor a few weeks worth of results.

Will a doctor see me without insurance? I can pay for it upfront.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.