My journey with Orange starts

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by softail, Jul 21, 2014.

1. softail

softail Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    513 miles today. DH 171 miles from Tulare for a D/H in south Gate. Headed North 339 miles to Tracy for a D/H. Stopped at French Camp OC for the night. Only 13 miles to destination tomorrow.

1287 miles last week. That was in 3 days. Other 4 days were TAH.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    416 miles today. After my D/H in Tracy, no MTs. Did my exception. Waited 30 minutes. No update. Called DBL. Told to head back to French Camp since my new pre assignment had me going 67 miles to Sacramento for another D/H. I will take the D/H 579 miles to Portland OC to relay. Just as I am leaving, a new P/ U arrives and told to go 20 miles to Stockton for a MT. Get to Stockton and CO won't release any trailers. Call DBL again. Told to head back 20 miles to French Camp again for an MT. Found an MT. Only took an 1.5 hours. Have not had to look for an MT for a long time. Don't miss it.

Saw at least 6-8 SNI trucks BT headed South between Redding and Medford. Pretty unusual. With the holiday, nobody has trailers.

Made it to Medford for the night.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  4. knuckledragger

knuckledragger Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Everett, WA
    What's the average time you spend waiting to be loaded or unloaded?

What's the average time you spend looking for an empty?

Appreciate all the info you share Softtail. Hope things are going well for you out there.

5. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    My average load/unload time is less than 2 hours. I have waited as long 6 hours and as short as 20 minutes. Union shops take longer to load/unload for some reason.

I have not had to look for a trailer for a couple months. Normally they are at the company where you drop your trailer. When I have to look for a trailer, it will be up to a couple hours. Rarely do we BT to a shipper. Talked with a driver from CRE couple month ago and he said they spend a full day a couple times a week looking for MTs.

279 miles today. Dropped my relay at the OC.

New pre assignment is a D/H 22 miles in Canby OR. P/U tomorrow at 06:00 and take 166 miles to Fife WA for a live load to be delivered by noon.

Glad I did not have to fight Portland holiday traffic.

knuckledragger Thanks this.
  6. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    Being unload now. Batteries going to Hawaii. Company that is unloading trailer ships to Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, and Puerto Rico.

203 miles today. Put my NAT out till tomorrow AM. Mom is not feeling well still after surgery, so I will spend the afternoon with her. I have 3 days of TAH scheduled for next week.

7. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    Delivered my relay at 09:00. New pre assignment is to DH 8 miles to Puyallup for a live load of bottled water. Appointment at 15:30. Drove back to Sumner D/L to spend the down time. Workflow says 1 hour load time. Last time I was there, it was closer to 3 hours. Take the load 195 miles to Grandview WA for a D/H.

Next pre assignment to to DH to Prosser 8 miles away for a live load. Take this load 714 miles to French Camp OC to relay.

Not a lot of miles today, but will sleep in my own bed 2 nights in a row. Not a bad trade at all.

8. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    Only 57 miles yesterday. 497 miles today. Left Sumner with my D/H to Grandview. Dropped my trailer and no MTs. Had to BT 55 miles to Hermiston OR for an MT. P/U MT and head back 48 miles to Prosser for my live load. Loaded in less than an 1/2 hour. Great.

Made it to Madras OR for the night. Less than an hour on my 14. Should make it to French Camp OC to relay this load tomorrow PM.

9. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    524 miles today. Made it French Camp OC. Dropped relay.

New pre assignment is to P/U MT here and head 28 miles to Modesto for a D/H. P/U loaded trailer and head North 621 miles to Woodburn OR. The appointment is for 01:00 on 6/1. Gotta love grocery loads. Workflow says 2 hours to unload. Most likely closer to 4 since it's a grocery load. We will see.

10. warhippy

warhippy Medium Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Worst month for us as a team since we started.

Sat 14 hours in Oklahoma for a load, 12 hours in Texas, 6 hours for a one hour live-load in Indiana, 22 hours on Memorial Day. I told my DBL that the good part of sitting is I have time to look for another job. He wasn't pleased!

We average 25,000 miles a month(6000 a week) normally. We completed 22,500 (5200 a week) this month. Not whining but I was expecting a better month. We are home until the 4th.

Nice seeing Softail in Portland. First time since July.

Stay Safe!!!!

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  11. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    That's not good for a team to be sitting like that. I have TAH starting Tuesday till the 6th. I have to get my DOT physical done. It's been a year already. WOW.

527 miles today. Only about 120 miles to go to Woodburn. Short day tomorrow, will spend most of it waiting for my 01:00 appointment. Stopped at Rice Hill OR for the night. Ate at the little burger place right at the exit on the SB side of I-5. Good burger/fries/shakes. They sell their fries by the pound.

Landog, knuckledragger and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.