My journey with Orange starts

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by softail, Jul 21, 2014.

1. softail

softail Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    522 miles today. After drlivered load in Shafter, went across street to P/U load and head back 217 miles to French Camp to relay is load of tires going to Portland. At French Camp OC, I P/U relayed live load going 789 miles to Kent WA. Load delivers on Monday. Plenty of time to get there. Stopped at the Dunnigan Pilot for the night. Will stop at the Portland OC for the night tomorrow. Have to do 3rd quarter training.

DBL message the truck to inform me that I got the 2nd quarter bonus. Easy money. Not sure how I qualified since I missed a bunch of days in the quarter. Oh well, who is going to argue.........

Grijon and Landog Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    548 miles to Portland OC today. Completed 3rd Qtr CBT also. Will drive 147 miles tomorrow to Sumner and make deliver in Kent on Monday.

4. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    147 miles to Sumner drop lot. 35 miles today. Delivered live load in Kent. Took less than an hour to unload me, but close to 2 hours to get paperwork done. After I get green light, I go in to get paper work. I get my paperwork, my receipt for the lumper fee is missing. I ask the lumper, he says there are at lunch and I have to wait till they are done. Great. Waited another 20 minutes. Finally get my receipt.

I am off 3 week till 8/18.

5. Griffinator

Griffinator Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Denver, CO
    Hey softail/warhippy
    I just scheduled a phone interview with a recruiter at Schneider. They are offering to pay for my CDL training, and actually pay me $75/day during school. The position I applied for is a dedicated route out of Denver, supposed to be home more than weekly (per job posting) the girl who set up the interview didn't have all the details since she isn't the recruiter I guess.
    I have a wife and two young kids at home and this position sounds great, almost too good to be true...but if I need to get my 1 year experience in somewhere, this appears to be the best bet. Any thoughts?
    Thanks!

6. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    Sounds like a good deal/position. Make sure all your questions are answered to your satisfaction with your recruiter. They should be able to tell you what days off you have and how many miles weekly and what account you will be working. If night driving is required.

If anything is not to your liken, pass and see what else they have for you.

Griffinator Thanks this.
  7. Griffinator

Jul 22, 2015
    Denver, CO
    Thanks for the advice, maybe I'll be a part of big orange soon.
    I love this thread btw, I think it's fascinating.

softail Thanks this.
  8. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    Keeps us informed with no matter what your choice is.

Good luck.

Griffinator Thanks this.
  9. Griffinator

Jul 22, 2015
    Denver, CO
    Thanks, I will.

10. warhippy

warhippy Medium Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    It sounds like either Home Depot (tight docking...out 5 home 2) or Ford Motor Company (doubles across Wyoming...YUCK!!). They also just started Inter-Model in Denver. I'm out of the Springs if you need anything.

Also....Orientation was like $460 or $480 a week if I remember right.

Good Luck!!!

Griffinator Thanks this.
  11. Griffinator

Jul 22, 2015
    Denver, CO
    What is inter-model? It looks like shipping containers...so to and from a rail yard probably?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.