My journey with Orange starts

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by softail, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Onetime47

Onetime47 Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Billings, MT
    How often would you say you get home?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. softail

softail Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    I stay out for about 15-20 days normally. I
    have stayed out for just 10 days at times. Never a hassle to get home. Just effects pay checks.

Grijon Thanks this.
  4. warhippy

warhippy Medium Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    We keep missing each other.....had a 1st in Portland (IFCO) yesterday. Went to pick up an empty from there and the guy smacks a trailer and says "This one's empty". I hook up...do my checks and roll up to Sumner to get my relay. Get to Sumner and find out the trailer was still full of pallets. OOPS! Called Support shift to let them know what happened. You would think I would have noticed the weight but we had just dropped a 44K load so I didn't notice too much.

Lesson learned I guess! We've had 4 days of Just in Time Loads so I'm taking a break for a couple hours before heading to Atlanta. we had 8300 miles in 7 days. Someone was in the seat the entire time. Nice pay check though so no complaints.

My son is probably starting for UPS in a month or so. I found a guy that I am training for three months that will be finished with orientation lat September. I figure after New Years I may take a break for a month or so. I need it.

5. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    That is where I dropped off all my pallets last week. Nice miles for the week.

Good luck to Chris.

6. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    450 miles today. Left the OC this morning with a relay and dropped off another driver in Sumner to P/U a tractor from a driver that was fired yesterday. The driver had a load to deliver in Gresham in the morning and instead drove to Sumner and went home. He is staying home for good now.

After that I had my relay which was a live load to deliver at 09:00. 2 hour wait for a dock. 1 hour to unload. 1:15 wait to get paper work. Nice.

After that headed 17 miles to Kent for another live load. Only had to wait an hour and was done. Drove the 240 miles to Hermiston. Will D/H is in the AM. And head back 185 miles to Portland to drop off the empty pallets again.

Made it to Stanfield OR for the night with 1 minute left on my 14.

91B20H8 and scythe08 Thank this.
  7. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    That's one of the things that I hate most about elogs, is the end of the day stress.
    I hate those close calls like that lol

softail and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  8. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    My On Duty Time was less than 9 hours. Sitting at a dock wasting all my time.

9. Griffinator

Griffinator Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Denver, CO
    Do you know how long Schneider wants you to hold one position before you can transfer? I'm thinking about that Ford Utility route to get my foot in the door since with all the other regional/dedicated routes out of Denver they won't pay for training.

10. warhippy

warhippy Medium Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    3-6 months.....What happened to Aurora Auto Parts?

11. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Yeah its generally 6 months but the pay for training likely requires a year. But they could be flexible and work with you. Would depend on the relationship with dbl.

Griffinator Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.