My journey with Orange starts

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by softail, Jul 21, 2014.

1. softail

softail Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    Deleted.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    271 miles today. My 2 hour live load turned in to 4.5 hours. At noon, the entire staff left to go to lunch for an hour. Must have been 30 workers that left at one time. They looked like chickens running out of the hen house because a fox was in there. Kinda funny. The wait was not funny. As I was leaving they were all going on break. Glad I got outta there.

New pre assignment is DH 47 miles to Pasco WA for a D/H and head back 250 miles to Portland. Yes, more pallets.

Stopped at the Stanfield Pilot for the night. Got here kinda late at 20:00. I did get the last MT in the lot from Walmart.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    467 miles today. My day. Hermiston to Pasco to Portland to Hermiston. All D/H. Stop at the Stanfield T/S as last night.

Tomorrow, Hermiston to Portland to Moxee WA to Portland. Should be near 550 miles. All D/H.

scythe08 and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  6. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    566 miles on my loop today. Tomorrows pre assignment is to P/U relay at the OC and head 141 miles to Tacoma for a D/H. After that, head 17 miles to Kent for a live load of water going 240 miles to Hermiston.

7. warhippy

warhippy Medium Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    You must really like Hermiston....that's a nice long run but the speed limits suck!! We'll have 4213 by 2 p.m. tomorrow. Should be around 6500 for the week. Headed Dallas to Columbus, OH.

Been running on recap the past couple days. Still good miles but when you have to sit until midnight it can get frustrating. Going home 9-13 Sept....need the break.

8. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    Nice miles for the week. They are starting to recognize me in Hermiston. I set the cruise at 60 and have never been bothered. Yet......not sure if I will have to run on recaps again.

Enjoy your time off. I will take some TAH at the end of the month.

9. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    432 miles yesterday. 557 miles today. My now normal Portland to Hermiston to Portland run again today. Tomorrow they are throwing me a slight curve. Portland to Grandview to Portland and then on to Sumner for my reset. All D/H. Should be close to 520 miles tomorrow.

Another good week. Should be near 2800 miles for the week with a reset.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    scythe08 Thanks this.
  10. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    517 miles yesterday. At home for my reset.

2810 miles last week. So far miles have been good on this sorta kinda dedicated route. Basically just staying in WA and OR. There is about 25 drivers on this route. 90% of the time, just picking up loads of pallets and taking back to Portland. All light loads. Each load is between 11-15K. Averaging around 8.0 MPG. Did have 2 loads other than pallets last week. Both near 45K. So that effected my MPG.

If I lived in Portland, I could by home every night or every other night.

Grijon and Landog Thank this.
  11. warhippy

warhippy Medium Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    7761 this week....tired though. Last three weeks of miles....5865 (Tuesday through saturday), 6972 and 7761....two loads taking us to the house. Both heavy loads but at this point in time we don't care. Have us home a day earlier than requested but I'm not changing when we are coming back out. That will give us 6 days TAH. Doesn't matter we will still qualify for the bonus.

Had two referrals this month. I haven't been trying much recently but am working a couple of potentials.

Not much else going on. Don't know if you realize it Softail but there are a lot of people that follow your adventures. You paint a pretty good picture for what new drivers can expect. Good stuff!

12. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    Thanks. Have a good time with your TAH. You deserve it. I have stayed home an extra day when they got me home early more than once.

Don't understand why people say the bonus is so hard to get and complain about it. Just do your jobs in a safe and sane way and SNI gives you extra money every 3 months. Pretty simple.

Grijon, gentleroger and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  13. taugust

taugust Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Cuyamaca, CA
    I was in Hermiston about the time you started doing the pallet loads. EVERY 'empty' was loaded with pallets (about 20 trailers). Had to go on an empty search. They should have made everyone who drops a load pick up a load of pallets out of there. Nice that you got the easy work.

I am in the process of transferring to Bulk out of Dallas and driving tankers OTR. I'm ready for a change. More pay and more time off.

softail and scythe08 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs