My journey with Orange starts

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by softail, Jul 21, 2014.

1. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Been over 70 a bunch. Touched over 75 a few times. Never ever had a word said

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. warhippy

warhippy Medium Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I figure the HOS changes cost me 2 cpm. It would have been okay had Schneider gave us guidance before hand instead of making the changes on a friday afternoon and having us struggle the first couple of days. I think I lost 40+ minutes that first day and had to take my 30 minute break over.

Nice call on the DEZL land nav device. I love it and it has saved me time on several occasions so far.

4. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    you didnt get the several qcomm messages. see the news you can use thing on the qcomm videos? Read a whole lot of #####ing on here? See it on crossroads?

5. warhippy

warhippy Medium Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Never watch the videos...saw it on crossroads yesterday....don't sit at OC's that often. The message I received only said make sure you sit for your whole 30. A little different world running teams. You don't sit very often.

6. Home_on_wheels

Home_on_wheels Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    Manually switch to driving before reaching the 1 mile threshold and it doesn't add all that drive time while off duty or on duty not driving. Don't let it switch automatically to driving.

mickeyrat Thanks this.
  7. softail

softail Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    Well it's a few days since last post. Been off since 11/23. Last week, I had to go in for a medical procedure. Cleared by Drs to return on Monday 11/30.

During the week off and several conversations with my DBL concerning my over speed. I told her that I was going to resign due to the fact I could no longer drive the speed limit (60 in WA) and threaten to be fired for failure to follow company policy about my over speed.

Yes, I have hit 70 going down a grade a ton of times by gravity. Even 75 a few times and nothing ever said by prior DBL's.

On Monday, I cleaned out my truck in Sumner. Sent a message from my truck and called my DBL saying 12/1 was my last day and that I would return truck back to the Portland OC. DBL calls me and says I can not drive because Firstlab has not cleared my medically. I have to call First lab to straighten out. Finally cleared by Firstlab late in day. Call DBL and get the OK. On Tuesday AM, on my way to truck DBL calls me and asks what day do I want to resign today or tomorrow. Ahhh, today. I told her. She said they have a load for me to P/U and to take to Portland to relay. I said OK. Took over an hour to get load pre assigned. Headed to Lakewood to P/U MT. Back to Sumner to P/U load. Was 14:00 by then. I took truck back to Sumner for the night. Headed out early in AM.

Got down to the OC, turned in keys to mechanic. Went inside to see DBL to turn in gas card. My old DBL pulls me to the side and asks why I was resigning. I told him why. We talk for 1/2 hour about events that have happened over the last several months.

He tells me to take 3 weeks off to "think about it". So off the next 3 weeks to "think".

Stay safe my friends.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  8. softail

softail Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    It seems that the 1.0% over speed and the 58/59MPH rule set by my DBL is HER rule only not the OC's. That is what I had thought from the get go. That is what pizzed me. I can decide to follow the "new" rule or not and move on. That is where I am at now.

Funny thing about this that today is exactly 17 months working here.

Grijon and MThunter Thank this.
  9. Ketchikan baby

Ketchikan baby Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2015
    This DBL does not sound too intelligent. Company's willing to risk losing a good driver for this???

softail Thanks this.
  10. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    IMO when she climbs in a truck, that rule of hers can get followed. She cant do #### if you are within stated company policy. Anything under those standards are suggestive only.

11. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    DBL's can't change company policy. For Solo Van drivers, the policy is no more than 5% over speed. Over speed is anything over 60 mph with the pedal. Sounds to me like you need to have a conversation with your DBL and her boss.

Ketchikan baby, softail and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.