My journey with Werner begins

Discussion in 'Werner' started by CharlesS, Aug 11, 2016.

1. BostonTanker

BostonTanker Road Train Member

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    That should be easy

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CharlesS

CharlesS Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2013
    That's my plan, start out easy and after a few months maybe move into one of the other accounts that pays more. Just taking it slow and seeing how it works out.

BostonTanker Thanks this.
  4. CharlesS

CharlesS Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2013
    I'd just like to add that Werner hasn't made any promises to get me in the door that they haven't kept. Once I was prehired and ready for orientation they asked me where I wanted to drive and gave me several options, none of this every driver does all 48 unless you get a dedicated or regional account later on b.s. Right after training you can get a dedicated account or drive local if you want. They also asked me what kind of truck I wanted, not just the me the keys to some old beat up rig with a million and half miles on it. is Werner perfect or a good fit for everyone? No, but neither is any other company. This is my third attempt at this, first two times I tried companies that everyone said were good, I didn't care for their brand of bs.... You have to find the company that's going to work for you, doesn't matter what works for me or anyone else.

MarkH129, morpheus and BostonTanker Thank this.
  5. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    I remember like it was yesterday. Driving just south of Checotah, Ok when I got the qualcomm message that I had completed training. Congrats hand, and best of luck!

CharlesS Thanks this.
  6. BostonTanker

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Werner has done right by me too

7. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Good for both of you! Maybe Werner has "seen the light" and is starting to treat drivers the way they should be treated. Like human beings. I sincerely hope everything works out for you guys!

8. BostonTanker

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Every company has it's nuances.
    Granted I knew about trucking before I got to Werner. ..
    Im on pace to make about 52k this year, with 3 week LOA and 5 days off after 30 on for 6 months.

Voyager1968 Thanks this.
  9. Davezilla

Davezilla Medium Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Werner is definitely doing better, but the problem is that the loyal drivers now have ruined records because of how the dispatchers acted before Derek was CEO.

Anyone who worked for Werner for long periods ended up having all sorts of false reports on their company records because dispatchers were allowed to write them up and not even tell the driver about it.

So its okay for new drivers, but its terrible for anybody who has been here a long time and was the victim of any of these false reports.

I just found out I was falsely written up at least 4 times for trying to AVOID a confrontation. And now Im finding out that a lot of the older drivers are in trouble too, and didnt even know it!

BostonTanker Thanks this.
  10. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    I definitely think the new CEO has made a difference. They are trying to hire better people. I think Werner does a hair test for drugs now

11. BostonTanker

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Yes they do

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.