My KLLM company driving experience so far...

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by Wookie Dude, Feb 14, 2012.

1. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    l/p is NOT an owner operator.

not even close......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. walkerdon

walkerdon Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Very informative from a student going to KLLM in 1 week after passing the driving test next week. How are things going now since your last post?

4. Wookie Dude

Wookie Dude Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Slidell, LA
    Just an update - I'm still working with the grocery company. I'm loving the job so far - good hours, paid by the hour, good bennies, good equipment for the most part, and just a good atmosphere by far. I'll likely be working here for a very long time, and I think the only thing that can sway me away would be either an excellent company spot or me buying my own truck. I do miss driving over the road since LA is flat and boring, but the pay is steady and the work isn't all that bad, plus I haven't had to deal with any of the garbage that I got thrown into in my last few months at KLLM.

I've won two days of bids (assigned routes) so far and I've only been there for five days - granted they are garbage runs that the senior guys don't want to do because they're really REALLY hard docks to back to, but meh. I've gotten used to them and it's not so bad anymore. I've even adapted to waking up in the wee early hours of the morning and find myself getting tired by 5pm - this is a shock to anyone that has known me in the last decade, lol.

Hope everyone is well, hopefully making money and being safe.

Take care.

5. Bigdoggie

Bigdoggie Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2012
    What's going on with all the Kllm trucks bobtailing here lately? I saw 3 parked at the truckstop the other day while I fueled and two going down the HW, no trailer. I never ever bobbed period when I drove for them. They're not organized enough to plan a pre load where you can roll in a hook onto a loaded trailer. Strange; just strange.

Everyone have a nice X-mas and drive safe.

6. Red Hot Mess

Red Hot Mess Hot Tub Critic

Sep 27, 2011
    Trying to hide from STALKERS
    It depends on where you were when you saw them. At the truckstop they were probably waiting for their loads at a customer. (I see Swift bobs at a few ts I visit frequently doing this) or maybe the ones on the hw were going to the mall to Christmas shop like I do. Yeah, that's right, I'm a trendsetter! :biggrin_25522:

7. Bigdoggie

Bigdoggie Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2012
    You go Red Hot! Keep setting those trends...many of us will follow you without a doubt!!

Red Hot Mess Thanks this.
  8. shevyshon78

shevyshon78 Light Load Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Sparta TN
    I tried talking my brother into not going to kllm as a company driver but he's hardheaded. It sucks that they are treating company drivers like that but I seen that coming when the LP started. I was a 19 series lease guy and payed the truck off 14 months early cause I seen the way things were going....that and there's no way I was re-signing for.88 cpm..hell .92 cpm was too cheap after I found out what they were brokering it out for! Oh well Bama07 I see ur taking the right attitude about things. Remember to put some payments back when u get them $1400-2200 weeks cause when u get towards the end and u wanna tell them to take a flying f### you can pay ur truck off and go elsewhere.

9. Bristol

Bristol Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Florida
    A friend of mine worked for KLLM and he said it was bad from the start. Had a Sico trainer that didn't take a bath for 6 weeks. The black guy that gave the driving test was a jerk and racist. When he started driving as a company driver he said it was night and day difference between company drivers and Lease drivers. He didn't stay there long. With KLLM if you are not leasing you will starve to death.

10. bama07football

bama07football Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2012
    everywhere but home
    i dont disagree with bristol about the trainers here....but the comment you made about willie being racist is 100% false...willie is a great guy i am white and i see willie everytime i am here and we cut up and carry on ....so thats a 100% ######## so your friend got the wrong impression of him

11. Red Hot Mess

Red Hot Mess Hot Tub Critic

Sep 27, 2011
    Trying to hide from STALKERS
    Willie is a great guy and the farthest thing from racist I know. He is fair and probably lets people who shouldn't pass slide on by. As for the trainers, not all are like that. The one's that are keep their status because the students don't complain. All it takes is for one to tell that their experience wasn't safe and out of the program the trainer goes.
    Get facts, not hearsay or opinion, before you post please.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.