My melton experience

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by samton, Mar 7, 2016.

1. samton

samton Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2015
    It's my my mistake I understand that

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chico9696

chico9696 Medium Load Member

Feb 12, 2009
    USA
  4. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I think your expectations were out of wack going in. The stuff you mention is pretty easy to figure out. Paper logs, map reading and load securment, yep thats flatbedding. You had a bad experience with a trainer, that happens everywhere. I don't think Melton should be blasted in the 'BAD' Trucking company for this.

rward75 and chico9696 Thank this.
  5. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Sounds like someone wanted everything done for him, "I shouldn't have to think! They should do everything for me!" Nice attitude, I've driven for this company, you put the effort in, and you'll do fine there, if ever I need to go back to OTR, I'm definitely calling Melton

6. samton

samton Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Sounds like you are wrong I've been making my on way for 40 years I went in uninformed and I am just letting people know my experience so they will know the facts cause I like to help keep your uninformed opinion to your self. I do all my thinking myself

rward75 Thanks this.
  7. samton

samton Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Like I said it's my fault they are a good company. It's my mistake not there's

8. samton

samton Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2015
    I am not blasting this company

9. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Don't worry about it. Melton sends a lot of people home from orientation. They're picky.
    Try another carrier, you still have a CDL and a clean enough record if you even made it to orientation.

You'll notice it a lot if you drive for em, somebody will eventually start talking #### about the company to you because they were sent home.

10. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    With 40+ years, why not go to Walmart?

11. samton

samton Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2015
    I've talked to two today and since I've mostly drove a tow truck they both said I need to go to truck driving school. I don't know what to do except call everyone I can. I don't know what to do. I understand Melton point but I don't where school will help

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.