My melton experience

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by samton, Mar 7, 2016.

1. samton

samton Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2015
    I ment 40 years working not just driving I had to work for every cent

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Take a refresher course bro. Log books aren't hard at all. I'd like to use one to run as hard as I wanted and then cheat it, but there are severe repercussions if caught. I'd rather stick with what I know in elogs

4. samton

samton Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Refresher at a school? I work full time don't know if the school here does weekend. I went and bought a log book and logging my day. It ain't hard just taking time to learn. Thanks

5. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Man to hell with logs. Let that Qualcomm do it

6. samton

samton Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2015
    The problem is if you go on a trainer truck fo 21 days you have to use paper logs so you know how if the elogs quit. I'm with on that.

7. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Yep. You even have to do that with Swift.

Check into Prime, they have a CDL refresher if I'm not mistaken.

8. samton

samton Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2015
    ok thanks. I just finished my logs for today. They turned out just like should. They are not hard just a lesson learned. Im going to keep logging this week while im at work. I really apprecate you guys

9. sprayed150

sprayed150 Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Fort Lauderdale Fl
    i never did a paperlog before my first day in melton orientation. what i didnt get i asked to be explained.

worked for me? been here since nov making good money without issues

10. samton

samton Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2015
    I don't know if it was my nerves or what. I started this thread so other people would not make my mistakes and maybe help someone get a job. Just not ment to be with this company. Best wishes to you.

11. sprayed150

sprayed150 Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Fort Lauderdale Fl
    to people reading this, exspecially newbies like me going into melton orientation.

yes 40% being kicked in the week is normal
    they dont expect you to be a pro at trip planning, paperlogs, and securment the first week, just that you comprehend it enough that your road trainer can teach you the rest over the next few weeks. ask a question if you are not getting it, as long as you are not asking 400 an hr like the one guy in my orientation about stuff they literally just said they are more than happy to help you get it during breaks in class time.

for securment they want to see you get it, not that you are a pro. im 4 months in and have done a metric ton of tarp loads. they are not always pretty, but the stuff always stays dry when it needs to, thats the key

Puppage Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.