My melton experience

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by samton, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Youngtrucker19

Youngtrucker19 Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2013
    If you have a CDL then you should know how to do paper logs. If you didn't know you should of studied harder. Just saying, and also everyone who has elogs have to have paper logs in the trucks incase the elog goes down. Sounds like to me you didn't predate enough before going. One thing I learned quick in the short time driving. No matter what expect the unexpected.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skeeter59

skeeter59 Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2013
    here
    Melton used to email me on a daily basis, so I finally called them. They then told me that I was on their blacklist because of my "abusive attitude" toward another recruiter. I tried to explain that was impossible, as I have never spoken with one of their recruiters before. Just as well, I guess. I gave up flatbedding and make a lot more as a door slammer.

4. jinxutoo001

jinxutoo001 Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2013

5. jinxutoo001

jinxutoo001 Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2013
    This is the reason after 20 years of driving and never having a log book violation or accident that the fmcsa is going to force an e-log on me at the end of 2017.

6. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Ok, you got 40 years and still uninformed! And that's the company's fault! Sounds like lack of experience to me! And I'm not wrong about Melton, how I know? I've drove for them, I know what they will do for inexperienced drivers, although I'm not in that category, I've seen it many times

7. Zander

Zander Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Too bad melton has cameras in their trucks.i would never drive for them..

8. Wally bear

Wally bear Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2015
    You name it.
    Got away from trucking for a couple months to handle some stuff around the house and now I wanna go back to skateboarding. Does anyone here that works for melton know how their ( free dental and vision ) works? What part is free? Thanks in advance.

9. Blackbob

Blackbob Light Load Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
    I'm looking to apply to Melton post Navy, how do you like of after some months ?

10. gekko1323

gekko1323 Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    I had an easier time reading "War and Peace".

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.