My new, final resting place

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by DenaliDad, Mar 20, 2015.

1. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Thanks, tow, and everybody who has been supportive. Almost weekly, I learn of another...what to call it, a lie? A misunderstanding? A deception? I don't know. But I was told during training that I get paid for tarping when the plan ordered it.

Apparently, that is only the case if the plan orders it and the DM puts me in for the pay. That has happened once.

Western is what it is: a last chance, low-quality, poorly-run organization. I knew it going in and I know it now. I focus on doing what I have to do and enjoying the sunrises and sunsets I see. They will get theirs one day...

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    they seriously haven't been paying you tarping pay? I would be hitting up my DM to get back paid for that. he should be looking out for a new guy.

4. DenaliDad

The interesting thing about my DM is that he was changed. My new DM is the Operations Supervisor. That's a bit scary and I'm not sure what to make of it.

After the holiday weekend, I plan on making a call and touching base with him to see what I can see. Tarping pay is one topic we will touch.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  5. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    do you think they are testing you by putting him as your DM? I'm dumbfounded that tarping pay isn't automatically paid. I just can't wrap my head around that

6. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I wonder if it is because of all the wonderful advertisement they have been getting from your thread...

you may not have your name on here but you do have your picture,home and obvious situation...

rank Thanks this.
  7. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere
    Tow, this one of the nicest posts I have seen on here in awhile. Thanks, for making the time to write this.. I keep reading DD's posts and it is sad to see somebody struggle so much that really would be a benefit to any company out there. I am with you and hope that something better will come up soon. I hate to see him throw in the towel and give up on trucking.

Hope things will get better Denali Dad :)

8. DenaliDad

I've never really tried to be anonymous. I don't divulge the obvious things - location, freight, etc. - until after the fact, but I'm a big boy and own what I say.

As I said during the recent, um, kerfuffle I experienced with another TTR member, I, alone, am responsible for my own actions. That includes what I say. If someone from WE reads this and some good comes of it, good. For me, this is more like having a conversation after a stressful day at work.

9. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I wouldn't think you have said anything too bad about the company. Just the truth.

tow614 and MJ1657 Thank this.
  10. DenaliDad

Thanks. Normally, I'm pretty optimistic. I guess having a couple weeks of small pay checks right after learning I can't take my truck home (this incurring $60 in cab fares whenever I want to go home) is having a somewhat depressing effect on my spirit.

Fortunately, the weather is nice and I have a pretty good truck. Plus there is no snow!

11. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere
    Snow is great! It even makes the ####iest place look nice for a little bit. :D

TAfool and tow614 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.