My new, final resting place

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by DenaliDad, Mar 20, 2015.

1. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

TWI
    TWIC, yes, and Western does use it for the Jersey Port, mostly, unless you're one of the Fontana crew. I do have a passport, but Western does no Canada and I have no desire to fuss with commercial border crossings, having experienced the Detroit crossing in a car...once.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DenaliDad

597 miles. The exit and my HOS couldn't have met 3 miles down the road. No, it had to be here, 3 short of 600 miles, so this far, I have yet to drive 600 miles in one day. Well, tomorrow, I have 601 to go, according to Rand McNally.

We will see...

TruckerWife630 Thanks this.
  4. DenaliDad

This is the time of year when we all see dead deer carcasses on the side of the road. Today, on my way to North Dakota, while driving through northern Minnesota, I saw something I've never seen and that made me a bit sad.

A dead black bear cub.

Somewhere out in those woods, is a mama bear looking...

TB John, skellr, MJ1657 and 1 other person Thank this.
  5. DenaliDad

I am no longer the 600-mile Virgin! Today, I ran 600.7, just like my RM said I would. So, for two days, I'm just shy of 1200 miles. The downside, of course, is that I drove almost 21 hours in 23 duty hours.

To say I am beat is an understatement. I feel like I'm in Double A, not quite ready for Joe's Major League, but maybe getting there. I am glad I don't have a preplan waiting and I'm in a quiet, cool truck stop in North Dakota. Sleep is needed.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  6. TruckerWife630

TruckerWife630 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Alabama
    My husband was in Minnesota & Wisconsin Monday through this morning. Not sure where in MN, but they picked up a load at Menards in Eau Clare, WI, this morning headed for Iowa & then Texas. Did you hit any of the bad weather? Hope you get a good night's rest.

7. DenaliDad

Here I sit in the oil patch in North Dakota, surrounded on all sides by fracking-looking trucks, some flatbeds (mostly oversized), and not many vans. I pick up in the morning heading for Florida over the weekend.

As it should be.

TB John and tow614 Thank this.
  8. TruckerWife630

TruckerWife630 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Alabama
    Nice, though you may hit the rain that's suppose to be here in the south this weekend. We are expecting lower temps though! It's bad when we're happy about the high only being in the 80s! I am now waiting for my hubby to get back to me on if they can stop in Jackson, MS, for the weekend. They have a haul to Baton Rouge due Monday. Jackson is about 5 hours from here. That's about as far as I can afford this weekend & want to drive with a toddler. It is almost our anniversary (6/30), so it would be nice.

TB John Thanks this.
  9. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Finally a nice long run over the weekend. It'll be good for your bottom line and your mental health.:biggrin_2559:

10. DenaliDad

Uh huh. I show that I can make a 2-day, 1,200- mile trip, so what does he give me? A weekend, 3-day, 2,100-miler. Ummm...

But the real problem was I showed up with a 48' flatbed and they were expecting a 53' flatbed. After rearranging the entire load - it's a good thing North Dakota is cool - the very unhappy dock manager finally got it all on. I have never had product from the very front to the very back, but I do now!

TruckerWife630 and TB John Thank this.
  11. tsavory

tsavory Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Paoli, IN
    Make sure you flag any over hang off the back.

Mtn Gal, MJ1657 and TB John Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.