My new, final resting place

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by DenaliDad, Mar 20, 2015.

1. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

I did. I don't qualify.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere
    Pack your bags and move out to Washington. I think you could make more money just doing the occasional run North than running for those clowns. I think there are enough O/O that would love to have a guy like you take a run here and there. Good luck to you.

DenaliDad Thanks this.
  4. refreshe

refreshe Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2015
    The only thing I like about Waffle House is when the W is burned out in the sign....Now there is truth in advertising.

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  5. nvwine

nvwine Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2014
    I'm sure more people enjoy reading your threads than you think. I know I do. Best of luck to you and your future endeavors.

Nitemare13 Thanks this.
  6. rexmanno

rexmanno Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2013
    I wish you the very best, no matter what you do from now on is way better then WE !!!
    Don't be a stranger, let us know what and how you are doing, enjoyed your writings !!!

Nitemare13 Thanks this.
  7. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    You're going to have to start your own thread since DD has bailed from Western Express:wave:

Mtn Gal and TruckerWife630 Thank this.
  8. TruckerWife630

TruckerWife630 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Alabama
    My hubby's WE will likely be about the same. His ex wife's hubby told him now that he can apply with the company he works for in 3 months. Said to put that he referred him & they'll both get a $2K bonus. Right now he's headed to Illinois to do a reset because his DM told him he could work the weekend. Weekend DM told him to get shut down within 10 hours for a 34 hour reset or he won't make it home next weekend. He could have gotten a load south & done his reset here. Oh well. 2 of my kids have birthdays next weekend. I'm making plans. If he's here, good. If not, I'm not changing them.

tsavory Thanks this.
  9. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

My experience was there is no communication between the regular DMs and the night/weekend staff. And don't trust that they know what they're doing; I was told several times 'I don't know how to do that' by the night folks, so I made my own decisions and ran the way I chose to run.

Remember, their DMs are mostly young local college grads. They know nothing about trucking and don't work for a very supportive company. They do assign loads, but don't let them take control of the clocks!

10. TruckerWife630

TruckerWife630 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Alabama
    He won't even try to contact night DMs. He calls me to find a truck stop. That was not good in Atlanta. He ended up about an hour into violation. The pilot he wanted to stop at was full. The gas station he ended up at wasn't a truck stop & charged like $10. If he's on an interstate an hour or so before his time runs out its not such a big deal. First night he got parked with 5 minutes on the clock!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.