My new mufflers are still way too loud

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by Loaderlou, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Loaderlou

Loaderlou Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Yeah, I have to get these things off. Sometimes it takes a couple of days before my ears calm down. Try Lipo Flavinoid, over the counter, it helps me when I take it as prescribed along with the ear plugs.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    I ran 7" straights flat tops and measures 13'5" from the ground on up, No muffler or resonator. I never had an issue with the noise in the cab, except for the drone sound at a certain rpm range. I would give anything to get the music of the straights sound back, CARB regulations took that away from me. Now Im running a DPF retrofit.:angry3:

4. dustinbrock

dustinbrock Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2012
    saskatoon,sk
    I'm no expert on this but Pitt power is making mufflers that raise horsepower. the only way they can do that is to increase flow which always decreases the parts that actually muffle the noise. if your ears are hurting you then you can't go with a performance muffler.

Pitt powers quiet one is quiet compared to their other ones. the only other thing I would suggest is as someone already sad, put a resonator right after the turbo.

5. Loaderlou

Loaderlou Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2014
    thanks DB. The only benefit I've gotten so far is that my exhaust temp has come down. Really wish they would have worked. Ive been wearing earplugs everyday.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.