My Personal Experience

Discussion in 'Swift' started by DJ Hughes, Jul 27, 2015.

1. texantrucker34

texantrucker34 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2014
    Well each state can see minimum wage just not below the federal minimum wage but can be higher

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Minimum wage is federal but states can raise their own as they see fit. I remember that my student that lived in Montana lost money because the minimum wage was higher in Montana then Idaho

4. DJ Hughes

DJ Hughes Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2015
    Tennessee
    Thanks yeah they did not include that part. I get my code in morning.

5. DJ Hughes

Jun 13, 2015
    Tennessee
    Swift at this point is just experience until I get my 2 years in an get loan paid off. Lord it cost to get through school but hhere I am. I'm working hard and pushing forward.

6. DJ Hughes

Jun 13, 2015
    Tennessee
    Heading out with mentor. Atlanta to Texas.

Puppage Thanks this.
  7. DJ Hughes

Jun 13, 2015
    Tennessee
    Well here goes. We went to get loaded in atlanta yesterday evening and it took almost 6hours. My trainer decided to stay at terminal the night and head out at 8 this morning. So we hit the road me driving. I did not know what to expect. I was nervous. I run bout 6hours took my break and ran for 4 more. Got aa little over 600 miles and still had an hour on my 11. We stopped for the night but we are within 175 miles of des. Trainer happy cause he getting paid my miles while I'm on hourly. That's all good I'm getting good training. I think I'm going to enjoy this job. PS I'm driving an 8 speed and love it even better than the 10 speed I trained on at school. Its like a four in the floor twice. Lol

8. pumpkinhead

pumpkinhead Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2015
    This job has its ups and downs. I've been with Swift for a little over a year. I love being a truck driver!

DJ Hughes Thanks this.
  9. DJ Hughes

Jun 13, 2015
    Tennessee
    [QUOTEurpumpkinhead, post: 4711558, member: 161632"]This job has its ups and downs. I've been with Swift for a little over a year. I love being a truck driver![/QUOTE]
    Where ur home terminal? You on dry van?

10. DJ Hughes

Jun 13, 2015
    Tennessee
    I just got done with my shift. Run round Dallas drop a load had to go to nears terminal and get a trailer. Dropped it at factory and pocked up a load going to el paso terminal. Got a load there going to Illinois. I got bout 600 miles today my mentor says I'm doing good but Texas (other than Dallas) is not to bad to drive in. Sherport Louisiana has very bad road bout beat me to death.

11. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Sounds like you are enjoying it DJ. I might be starting with their flatbed division real soon. Do you know what new drivers start out pay wise?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.