My personal Roehl experience!

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Jrivas23, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Thanks for that. And, good for you for sticking it out. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to ask for help. We grow up thinking that real men don't ask for help. You sir, are a real man, and I tip my hat to you.

Jrivas23 and hal380 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HaulinThruLife

HaulinThruLife Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Minnesota
    Glad to hear that there is some comradory in the industry...encouraging to hear for those starting out.

Jrivas23 Thanks this.
  4. Jslimz

Jslimz Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2015

MY wife and I were looking into roehl and ive been following you Jrivas for a while is the pay at least ok and for beginners is it a decent starting rate i mean i talked to kim an im in the middle of transitioning out of the army an figured do somtheing different you know. plus my wife showed me that most drivers only get paid between 200-250 maybe 300? every week or so i have two questions:
    1) is the pay that bad or is dependent on miles?
    2) do they try to push to get over 2300 miles as a solo driver?

Jrivas23 Thanks this.
  5. ET62

ET62 Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2013
    NY, NY
    Jslimz, you ask an important question. I work for roehl just as Jrivas since January. I like my miles, I like my pay, but I also see at times those remarks of people not getting their miles and ending up with very low paychecks. I haven't figured out the reason; attitude? Not willing to work hard, and keep the wheels rolling? Missing appointments and as such not getting good new loads? I don't know anything else then my own experience. I work hard, I meet my appointment times; I get enough miles to make it worth my while. The low paycheck remarks on the internet have made me wary and cautious, but Roehl cdl school was a good experience, all the Roehl people I met have been very stand up kind of people. I personally have given them the benefit of the doubt and push hard to keep my paycheck high.

6. Jslimz

Jslimz Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2015
    so pretty much people don't wanna do things the right way and get the miles and be on time to there destination? that sounds reasonably good so is it worth looking in to roehl? i mean i have been on there website a lot lately an there hiring an running alot of routes from what i see in Illinois and Wisconsin but thank you ET62

Jrivas23 Thanks this.
  7. RavenHairedGemini

RavenHairedGemini Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Anywhere Away From There
    There are a lot of things attached to this job.... As I 'taught' my fiancé, miles are only a portion of the job.... I'm still within my first year so I don't bring in huge miles.... depending on the runs I'd say anywhere from 1900-2200 week. I also only 'work' 7 days in a row then take 3 days off, another 7 then off 4. so some weeks I have more miles and other weeks less.... (Why trust someone new with loads if over time they prove they can't deliver them safely and on time?)
    There are the traffic delays (don't believe me, try Toronto, Chicago, Atlanta and the list goes on), drop and hooks, the live unloads (one of mine took 6 hours!), arriving at 4am Sunday morning only to find out the business doesn't open until 8am Monday morning. (Happens more often than not) or even better the loaders left early for the day and you'll have to wait til morning :mad:
    Deal breaker with that is 24+ hours that I ain't rollin!!!!! At least not if I have to wait to be live loaded or live unloaded.
    I can personally drive from one side of the US to the other and rake in the dough but there are other aspects to the job that slow me down. Therefore I don't cry about not having 10k miles a week. I need to learn the ropes, the tricks of the trade, be on time, become faster in my paperwork, wait for a planner to decide where to put me next..... In other words PAY MY DUES till I can master the job as a whole, not just the "driving miles" portion!
    If you're not willing to do the job as a whole, don't do it at all......
    I've been thru Roehl and experienced some headaches with them but also they have been very patient and forgiving of a few minor mishaps. I'd recommend them to people that are serious about the job to become a driver, not just wanna be supertrucker

Hoot67, Jrivas23, hal380 and 3 others Thank this.
  8. crazyk

crazyk Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Northern MN
    I have been solo for 3 months and my average check is for 2400 miles. No idea why some are bad consistently for miles. Use your hours, call receivers to see if you can get in early, and it seems to work.

Jrivas23 Thanks this.
  9. Jrivas23

Jrivas23 Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Providence, RI

Wow, its being sooo long since I posted, but here goes an answer:

••• Pay is not bad at all. Although am no longer at Roehl I was making over 750 a week. My best week was 975. The miles are there and the pay is always there. You can even monitor your miles and pay over your phone.
    ••• They dont push per say on the miles, but you are expected to be up and running once your 10 are up. They do have loads and miles all the time.

The only (stupid) thing I can say is that they started requiring contract signing.

Hope it helps out.

Michelle Trull Thanks this.
  10. Jrivas23

Jrivas23 Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Providence, RI
    That always helped me!

Michelle Trull Thanks this.
  11. Michelle Trull

Michelle Trull Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2016

Jrivas23 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.