My personal Roehl experience!

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Jrivas23, Jan 2, 2015.

1. RMU91

RMU91 Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Does anyone know where Roehl has its freight lanes? Does Roehl operate in all 48?

Thanks in advance!

Jrivas23 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Lanes are mostly East of the Mississippi. Lots of Chicago area, Indy, NE, SE, and South. Depending on what you're pulling you won't get West often.

Jrivas23 and RMU91 Thank this.
  4. Dualyy

Dualyy Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Hey Driver, let me know how it goes. Am looking into them also. Thanks Jeff

Jrivas23 Thanks this.
  5. Dominick253

Dominick253 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2015
    I didn't double clutch during my Illinois cdl test. You loose a couple of points but I hate double clutching. Feels so wrong after spending a few years floating gears. I figured I'd spend more time messing around with double clutching and mess something important up.

Jrivas23 Thanks this.
  6. Dominick253

Dominick253 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2015
    I bet that simulator paid for itself multiple times over. I've found American truck simulator to be very helpful to new drivers. Particularly with backing.

Jrivas23 Thanks this.
  7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Years ago, when I took a CDL test, I floated the gears on the approximately 20 mile round trip. When we were pulling back into the yard, the examiner says "You know, the manual says you are supposed to use the clutch"." ####, I JUST FAILED" I think. Then he says " But I float gears just like you, and if I see someone who can do it without a problem, I don't write it down."

Jrivas23 and Puppage Thank this.
  8. Jrivas23

Jrivas23 Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Providence, RI

2 drivers, different experiences, same company is deffinitely the case most of the times and that is because of what you mentiones basically. I honestly left Roehl mainly because of the FM they assigned at the very end (Dana is her name if not mistaken) that creature is from another specie. Ted Carroll, which was my first FM, that guy was nothing but good to me.

I have been working for Central Transport as P&D driver for the last 11 months and honestly have not have too bad of an experience except for some management issues at the first terminal that I was based off. So far I cannot complain since am home every night and still taking home 1K to 1.2K a week based on how slow the freight flow is.

Have been lately looking into buying a tractor with my father in law and leasing to a good or at least decent company.

9. Jrivas23

Jan 6, 2014
    Providence, RI
    How are you doing?
    Still trucking?
    Still working at Roehl?
    Sorry to hear about the position you ended up back when you lost your job. Hope you're doing great now!

10. Jrivas23

Jan 6, 2014
    Providence, RI
    Sorry for the "man" part! Truly apologize. Did not get to catch your reply back when you wrote back.

11. Jrivas23

Jan 6, 2014
    Providence, RI
    Best of both words and avoiding so much backing. You sneeky! Lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.