My recent experience with QUALITY LEASE PURCHASE and CELADON

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mrkillerjr, Mar 29, 2016.

1. mrkillerjr

mrkillerjr Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Tallahassee, FL
    This is just my experience.
    I was told, of course, by the Ceadon recurring that I would make about 1500 to 1800 take home pay. I figured ok, it will atleast be a 1000. With that in mind I went to indy and got a truck.. well, that was a totally different story all together.. but long story short, I got a 2015 lonestar and my payments were 750ish including insurance and all.

Thus bit is important to my experience... I pulled for celadon for 1.5 months averaging .32cpm. As a owner operator... .32 cpm. Yes. So I figured it ain't a great company and the brand new truck was acting up.. so I decided to return it. Went home (tallahassee, florida), cleaned out the truck, washed it, put my own fuel, and as I was told I could return it to any quality location, I did so by dropping it off in knoxville, tn. They were glad that I brought the truck to them in Knoxville and we happily said peace.

After 3 weeks I got my final escrow deposit back with $400 recovery charge deducted. I caught hell for another 3 weeks trying to get a answer to why I was charged that fee. I finally was told that the only approved location to return the truck was indy or waxahatchee, TX.

So why didn't the folks at knoxville say that to me? Humm... well, I will forget those little $400 and will always curse out celadon and quality co. I hope who ever cheats hard working, honest drivers, the way celadon and quality co did die a slow painful death. And I will never stop wishing that, ever.

bored silly and sgt slaughter Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    How do you figure you earned .32CPM?

Don't get me wrong, I figure that is about twice what most lease agreements pay after you honestly figure out all your overhead.

4. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Wow, that's bad. 32 cents a mile? I was getting paid more than that on a BAD DAY at Western Express.

bored silly Thanks this.
  5. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    You wanna trade war stories about Quality Leasing?

I went through orientation at Eagle Logistics, got hired, then went to Quality Leasing to pick out a truck. While I was there the only new trucks they had were ProStar's. I will drive a ProStar, but I don't want to buy one. So I started looking around the used truck inventory. I found a single 2016 KW T680 and thought I had gotten lucky. The batteries were out sitting on the ground, and there was some funny wear on the drives, but it looked otherwise OK. I crawled inside though and it was absolutely filthy. There was an electric frying pan lying on the bunk and grease was all over the inside of the sleeper. It also stank of cigarette smoke. All of that is fixable though. I know from experience that T680's get good mileage, and this truck only had about 60k miles on it. So I decided to go ask how much they wanted for it.

I went inside and asked the kid behind the counter what the price was. I started to give him the truck number, but he waved me off and said it's just whatever the 2016 price is. I pointed out it's a used truck with 60k mikes on it. He said it doesn't matter, they don't go by that. He said whatever the year is determines the price. So I thought one of us must be confused. I said you can't mean that a truck with sixty thousand miles on it is the same price as a truck that just rolled off the assembly line. He said if they are the same year then yes, they are the same price.

I called the recruiter at Eagle and told him thanks but no thanks.

Quality Leasing has groups of fifty or sixty drivers descending on their lot several times a day from all the trucking company orientation classes around Indy. They couldn't possible care less if one particular driver buys a truck or not. It's a what you see is what you get, take it or leave it, thanks for stopping by kind of outfit.

Good luck with your $400. I will never go back there.

Jonkie Thanks this.
  6. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    I don't believe I've heard many good stories about them. Make that haven't heard any. So, I am inclined to believe these stories.

7. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Anything involving Celadon nowadays never has good news. The fact they're involved is a red flag to begin with.

Rusty Trawler Thanks this.
  8. jakebrake58

jakebrake58 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Orange Park, Florida
    How were you accepting loads you hauled? Were you taking them based on destination/weight or some other reason or were you taking them based on the gross revenue?

9. Pete jockey

Pete jockey Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2015
    North of Pittsburgh Pa
    Haven't heard many positive things about quality leasing period

10. Whiteline64

Whiteline64 Light Load Member

May 5, 2016
    Atlanta,GA
    I went to Quality in IN. When I got there, I thought I was dropped off at a junk yard. 2 weeks in the hotel, and nothing was repaired on the truck. But the mechanic signed off that he did. I had to fight them to get another truck, I was sent to Obetz,OH. More junk there, but I found a decent Volvo. Between the stress of Greatwides deplorable deal, and the stress from Quality, I had a heart attack . I would never buy anything from Quality or that was operated by Celadon. Those drivers are pigs, and destroy those trucks.

audeygdad and Highway_Executive Thank this.
  11. Williamexpress

Williamexpress Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Sunbury Oh
    I am thinking going to work for celadon but it seems that is not a good company to work for ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.