My Swiftie Life...

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Kry0n, May 14, 2015.

1. Kry0n

Kry0n Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Things are looking up.

I called me DM when I was waiting fir that trailer to be fixed. l expressed my feelings about the miles I was getting and gave him a heads up that if the miles don't start picking up I'm going to have to do something to provide for my family.

I sat in WA for roughly 24 hours.
    Around 4pm I got a load from the Costco d/c right down the street picks up at 5pm 7/30 to Spokane, WA delivery apt. set for 8pm 7/31 269 mile run.
    And then was preplanned for another load picking up in lewiston, ID on 7/31 @ midnight
    Delivering to Sacremento, CA on 8/3 @ 8:00am - 904 mile run.

I picked up the costs Costco load and jammed down here to Spokane last night. Got here around 1am as I ran into traffic due to a fire that was going on right next to the highway.

I woke up this morning to a qualcomm message from my DM.
    It said "I'm trying to get you stacked so your busy, I want you to make money, and I don't want to lose you." Another preplan was sent right after this message that picks up in Sacramento on 8/3 11:00am delivers to Cedar City, UT on 8/4 1:30pm - 633 mile run.
    Then another just came in picking up in Cedar city on 8/4 5:00pm delivering to Stockton, CA on 8/6 9:00pm.
    So in 8 days I am planned for 2474 miles. I have my work cut out for me, let's hope I can pull through and make then all. Only bad thing is a lot of these are live unloads so I m hoping things go smoothly.

I love that my DM has acknowledged my worth and record and is doing everything possible to keep me moving.
    Now I must pull through and get these knocked out.

Here is to another postitive and motivated day!

Stay safe.. Have a great day.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spectacle13

spectacle13 Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2013
    You can do it. Take it one step at a time, and remember... live unload doesn't always end up being a live unload.

You might get there and find out its actually a drop. CSR is bad about that.

That fire in spokane, was it just west of town? Last time I came through there there was a fire, bunch of hay burned to the ground... sad to see.

4. Kry0n

Kry0n Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Yep was in the middle section of the highway. Can almost bet it was from someone throwing a cigarette out the window. :mad:

5. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    Keep in mind... The company views these trucks as profit centers. Even if you want to believe they do not give a #### about you.....
    Believe it is in every ones best interests to keep your wheels rollin. Even your DM will have to explain why your truck that had the potential to do 3K Miles only did xxx.

spectacle13 Thanks this.
  6. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Spent my youth as a firefighter ... next to impossible for a cigarette to start fire.

inkeper Thanks this.
  7. Kry0n

Kry0n Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Finished that Costco load around 8pm and drove to lewiston, ID to the swift terminal to pickup. I was unloaded by 9:30 at that Costco and made it to lewiston at about midnight. I gassed up and scaled at the gas station that was right down the street. Grabbed some coffee and headed out for Sacramento, CA. At around 4:30am i was getting to tired to drive so i pulled over at a rest area and called it. Woke up in the afternoon and continued. GPS took me down highway 97 which was a nice change. Almost hit a deer, but good thing i was paying attention. She popped out and as soon as she was in the road she just stopped. Like "where the #### am i?" Haha. I braked cautiously and layed on my air horn a few times and she freaked out and ran across the street. Dont want to mess up my nice truck now. I came across the state line into CA and the smoke was crazy from the fires they are having. Then it started raining. Was a cool experience because at this time it was dark and whenever the lighting went off it light up all the smoke i was engolffed in. I found a rest area just before weed,CA and crashed there. Woke up this morning and began my pretrip. I went to brush my teeth and all in the bathroom there and there was 5-6 chipmunks running around scavenging the ground. They were so used to people I swear I could have fed one by hand. Finished my pretrip and rolled to corning, CA and fuel up and quick shower. Drove the last 100 mile to Sacramento, got here around 2pm. Awaiting my delivery at 8:00 tomorrow morning.

After this one I'll be headed to Utah then back to CA. My DM called to check in with me and asked if I needed anything. After telling him I was going to stay out 2 more weeks, he put in a special request to route me through nm to have a day/night with my family.

I must say right now I love my job. It's amazing how your outlook on the company you work for changes when your keeping busy doing your job.

I checked my numbers for this coming Tuesday paycheck and was suprised.
    Little over 2900 miles and gross around $1100. $840 take home.

That's what I'm talking about. Keep them coming baby!! This will be my highest check so far with Swift.

Way to go Swift! If they keep treating me like this I'm not going anywhere.

Hope everyone had a good day.
    Stay safe..

8. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    please call it diesel instead of gas lol. I'm sorry that's nitpicking of me but I hate when they call it gas

MM3Deg Thanks this.
  9. Kry0n

Kry0n Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Yea sorry should have said "fueled up" haha.

10. Kry0n

Kry0n Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    8/3 - My day has started off nicely. I woke up at 7am and knocked on the receivers door. I was scheduled to deliver this load at 8am but they had me in a door at 7:30am and unloaded by 8:00am.

I did my paperwork and took off for my next pickup. This one is scheduled for 11:00am and was 10 miles away. No traffic and got here fast. Parked on the street and checked in. They gave me a door number and backed her in. Waiting to be loaded now. So I'm roughly an hour and a half ahead of schedule. I'm full on fuel, had my shower yesterday so plan on running hard after I'm loaded. I can feel the trailer moving so it looks like it won't be to long here.
    630 mile run from Sacramento,CA to Cedar City, UT. Plan on running at least 500 today. Delivery is a window scheduled for 8/4 4am-1:30pm.

MM3Deg and scottied67 Thank this.
  11. Kry0n

Kry0n Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    8/4 - That place loaded me in less than 30 minutes. Loaded me with 44k lbs of Arizona tea. Things were going great. Headed out to local truck stop (49'R truck stop) to scale load. Pulled in to find their scale was closed for repairs. Argh!! Had to go about 15 miles to another truck stop. This Valero was horrible!! Very tight place, had to go through gates to exit because they charge for parking. My scaled legal and I was gone like the wind. Drove about 450 miles and found a nice spot off to the side of Hwy 50.
    Woke up this morning. Finished the last 250 miles and dropped trailer at final destination. I had 4 hours till next pickup at Genpak here in Cedar City, UT so I bobtailed to Walmart and dropped $90 on supplies. Unpacked everything had two " sammiches" and drove down the hill to Genpack. I was hour or so early and preload is ready.
    Load is 23k lbs and delivers on 8/6 9:00pm. I got my paperwork sent in loaded call and am actually going to just stay here for the night. No point on leaving right away to do 200 or so miles to sit in the middle of no where with no internet. Load doesn't deliver till 8/6 at night anyway so I have plenty of time. Plus I don't know why but I'm soo tired. Will leave early in the morning but relax for now.

I spoke with my mentor and his check this week was over $5000. He has a good student and they are running hard. Lease + Mentor is some #### good money if you get a good student.

Time for Family Guy and some hearthstone.

Gnight all.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.