My Swiftie Life...

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Kry0n, May 14, 2015.

1. texantrucker34

texantrucker34 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2014
    Well I went to drop my 2005 trailer this morning was suppose to be a live unload there was an 11 series trailer there so drop and hook but inspecting the 11 series trailer it had a hole in roof. So that put me behind. At least yours could be fixed easily. Lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kry0n

Kry0n Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    I wish I could say I'm suprised, but I'm not. I don't understand how they cannot start holding drivers accountable for dropping defective equipment. All they have to do is look at the logs they keep and check who dropped off trailer # 117389. It's that simple.

Until they start holding drivers accountable for dropping defective equipment this will never change. Everyday I'm starting to see why Swift has such a massive turn over rate. Drivers have to put up with defective equipment dropped from their previous co-worker who doesn't give a shut about the next person who comes along. "Hooray for me and screw everyone else" attitude.

Be professional in your work if your going to be out here. Have the decency to fix the equipment so you don't ruin someone else's day.
    Most importantly Swift is the one that needs to step up and male a policy regarding this constant problem. The sad thing is its an easy fix they can do.

If I pickup a trailer and find something wrong. It should be documented and researched why I am picking it up in that condition.

For God's sake when I was with my mentor we grabbed a trailer that had the abs light on the trailer. You know what he did? He unplugged the wire going to the light and rolled on. Ethics people Ethics!

Right there is a perfect example of the type of mentors Swift has. I'm not saying all of them are bad, but they definitely need to weed out the bad ones. Otherwise the garbage mentoring rolls right down to the student and taints that student into lazy practices that only makes the company look bad and cause their turn over rate to climb higher and higher.

4. texantrucker34

texantrucker34 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2014
    For some reason the abs on 90% of trailers come on and nothing is actually wrong with them. Usually loose sensor which comes loose no matter what

5. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Ethics ... American ethics. Innocent until proven guilty. Yard dogs abuse the living crap out of trailers ... Seen 'em tear the mudflaps off, seen forklift punch holes in trailers and lights do go out.

So did a driver drop a bad trailer? Maybe, maybe not ... but it's not in Swift's economical interest to go on a driver witch hunt, just to satisfy your butt hurt sense of justice.

6. HousTank

HousTank Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Houston, TX
    You have a couple options in that situation. You could've done a Mac38 on the busted trailer and have them find you another before you get hooked to it. You'll stay moving and get paid to chase down another trailer.

You got lucky with OnRoad responding quickly to the Mac55. It's a crapshoot.

I don't know your location but I would've seriously considering rolling the 30 miles instead of waiting, especially in daylight and not passing a scale. I would've had OnRoad send me the message to roll to wheverever and have them state it was for repair (I'd remove the mudflap) so you would have something to show DOT in the off chance you were to be pulled over. Better than sitting and waiting.

I've had a couple times I ran with a blown drive tire or flat on the trailer to get repaired. Each decision was based on the particular circumstances like weight, distance, which tire was flat, lack of phone service, geographical location etc etc.

And yeah, there are many lazy drivers at Swift. At the very least they could do a mac38 on the damaged trailer they dumped at a customer.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  7. Kry0n

Kry0n Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    I don't even know you but from your professional reply I can tell the exact type of driver you are.

Enough said...

8. Kry0n

Kry0n Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    I don't even know you, but from your professional reply I can tell the exact type of driver you are.

Enough said...

9. HousTank

HousTank Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I believe over the long run you will find you are mistaken. Just sayin'.....

10. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    You got it kid ... knocking down fences and taking out street signs ... Hey, since you have it wired. Can you tell me how I'm going to get this load 1200 miles down the road by Friday morning? I only have 18 minutes on my 70 ...

spectacle13, HousTank and blsqueak Thank this.
  11. Kry0n

Kry0n Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Ending my day at a rest area. Onroad showed up and was a nice guy who got right down to business. He fixed the bent mud flap hanger and replaced the mud flap. The marker light was just disconnected so he respliced the wiring and done. Almost 500 mile run today with the repair down time. I'll take it.
    Been past the Shasta mountain like 6 times now on I5, so the mountain driving is some good experience.

Another day in the books.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.