My TMC experience.

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Gunner75, Jul 1, 2014.

1. WingNut72

WingNut72 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Fort Stewart, GA
    Should not having APU be a reason not to go with TMC?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    If you can pass the physical, the. Youll be fine, technically i was a diabetic and passed.
    Not for me. They have a liberal idle policy, 388s, and 579s all have bunk heaters. If you have a fridge, tv, and the other amenities to keep comfortable on the road, youll havet to idle the truck once and awhile to keep batteries charged.

WingNut72 Thanks this.
  4. Bmteza1

Bmteza1 Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Gunner75
    If you're not at all busy,could you check out my post #899 and give some sort of insight? Thx

5. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I know tmc has some good freight down that way, steel pipe, shingles, steel plates, lots of lumber.

Bmteza1 Thanks this.
  6. TheCassCityKid

TheCassCityKid Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Hey everybody. First timer on this forum.

I have a question that maybe somebody can answer based on experience. I live in Michigan and am looking to do what I can to hire on with TMC. I noticed that they don't recruit from Michigan though, at least that's what it looks like from my understanding.

How would one go about getting a job with them in my situation?

Great thread Gunner75. Very helpful and full of great information.

dawgfan Thanks this.
  7. WingNut72

WingNut72 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Fort Stewart, GA
    Move to a area that TMC Hires from.

8. TheCassCityKid

TheCassCityKid Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2015
    I'll have to call TMC's either HR department or a recruiter and find out more information.

9. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    They do hire from Michigan, just not every zip code in Michigan.

Try checking some nearby zip codes from where you are. You can use the zip code map at http://maps.huge.info/zip.htm to identify other zip codes near you. If you find one that has a job offered when searching at http://www.tmctrans.com/drive-for-tmc/current-openings/default.aspx you could try calling an see if you are close enough to that area for them.

Gunner75 Thanks this.
  10. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    As ubu stated they don't hire in the upper peninsula due to lack of freight up that fast and the difficulty in getting drivers home up there.

11. BigMac1882

BigMac1882 Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Gunner, thks for this thread. I hope everything is going well with your new job. TMC called me today and offered me a position. They want me to come out asap. I spoke with David. My ultimate goal is to get into heavy haul and flatbed seems to be where to start. Just a few questions you might could answer for me. I'm out of the Houston area and they've offered me a dedicated spot as well as a regional, my choice.
    Do you know anything about the dedicated position in Texas and I better of with the regional/linehaul position.

Does TMC have RGNs?

The recruiter gave me projected income for both positions, what is realistic, I'm looking at a range from 900 - 1350.

I haven't said yes yet but am seriously considering it. It's it as good as it looks. I'm currently with Schneider and getting the shaft on a daily basis, I gotta go somewhere. I also got a call from System Transport, Do you know anything about them? Thanks again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.