My TMC experience.

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Gunner75, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Erik Blazer

Erik Blazer Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK
    That's awesome. I was hoping they have the 4x6. Those tend to do a lot better as far as traction :) that is for the info. Less then a week before I head to school. Very stoked

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cd066

cd066 Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    Is TMC putting APU's in all the new trucks or just in the rewards / trainer trucks?

I appreciate the desire to keep fuel costs as low as reasonable - easy way to do this is keep the idle to the lowest amount, manage truck speed, and encourage smart & efficient driving. I know they are picking up 100 or so 579's with Eaton Fuller Ultra-Shift's to compare mpg results with the manuals. I'd think the savings would be there as well with APU's following the initial outlay of capital to cover purchase, install, service life management.

4. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    for the apus,. i havent a clue, i they tried apus several years back and they had issues so they squashed that. For the autoshifts, that is true, not sure what they are using them for. They already award low idle time with a possible increase in pay, and their trucks are already governed for 62-63mph.

5. Tonitos

Tonitos Light Load Member

May 17, 2015
    Philadelphia, PA
    How often do drivers cross the border?

6. JMurphy1

JMurphy1 Light Load Member

May 3, 2015
    CT
    Tonitos,

I go into Canada fairly regularly, but I have heard several drivers tell me they go over the border twice a week. They do not pay you to go into Canada. There are points awarded for having your passport, but someone without a passport can get those points another way. I see it as NO benefit what-so-ever to run Canada for TMC. Just my two-cents.

Tonitos Thanks this.
  7. Tonitos

May 17, 2015
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks Murphy,

And one more question. How does their otr fleet run? Is it all 48 or only certain regions of the US?

8. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    Living in your area if you run to get home for the weekend you may go as far west as IL then work you back to the house. The same goes for north to south. If you want to stay out for two weeks you will have longer loads which can take you any where in the 48. I have ran Canada from coast to coast and have never had an issue. Where I live some times I will bounce up there empty and bring a load back. The loads going in pay well, however loads coming out are another story. Entering the US can be fun at times at several crossings.

Tonitos Thanks this.
  9. Tonitos

May 17, 2015
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks, HS. I appreciate it!

10. TarpWhisperer

TarpWhisperer Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Nice thread gunner. I too served, and work for TMC. Love it here. I love about twenty minutes from the Indy terminal. Got quite a few nice lanes out here. I would encourage anyone looking to flatbed to come join us!

11. Eric.USMC

Eric.USMC Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Gunner great job on here and to everyone else thank you. Is there any TMC drivers on here from NJ? I'm starting in Des Moines on the 7th

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.