My training at Roehl

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by ptw632, Jun 27, 2015.

1. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    And you rookies are so predictable with your "they aren't making me a safe driver" crap. Nobody feels great about backing when they start and all of us have days where we screw up a back. You have been given advice and it's been good advice. Do you really think you were going to be comfortable after 4 weeks of training? At some point you have to do it on your own.

Also, drop the lawyer threats, you're not going to get one and Roehl isn't scared.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Every company I've been with has had one of those. It doesn't bite you.

Txwaterboy, DriverMike1984 and TB John Thank this.
  4. Ordy19

Ordy19 Medium Load Member

Aug 19, 2014
    You can always drive an ice cream truck. I don't think you have to back them up and you can pick where you deliver.

Sorry, the veteran comment is uncalled for. We are used to sucking it up and getting the job done, like I am sure the vast majority of the drivers on this board are used to doing. Strap on your boots and get it done, you're the one with the CDL. Can't expect someone to hold your hand forever.

DriverMike1984 Thanks this.
  5. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    When I was a Schwans man at least 5 drivers got fired and or quit after backing accidents that resulted in damaged property.

6. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    I always love the "my attorney" line. Grow up.

DriverMike1984 and TruckDuo Thank this.
  7. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    I thought there might be a #### storm after that remark.

And I was right :argue: Hope everyone brought their:happy1:

iceman123 Thanks this.
  8. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    Training is not what it could be. It should be a more pleasant experience. Well, too bad - your experience is pretty typical. You have to take command of the process the best you can by being a better student than your trainer is at teaching. Nag and insist on backing practice - study your manuals. What seems hard now will be easy later. And you really will tell funny stories about this experience later.

The first year of trucking there is no choice but to "embrace the suck" as military grunts like to say.

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    And I hope you all enjoyed your laughs, because the storm stops now.

One more snarky comment and further action will be taken.

Txwaterboy and horsecrazychic22 Thank this.
  10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    No, that's NOT a "cool thing veteran truck drivers say" because I know at least one, specifically the one I see in the mirror every morning, that never says it. :)

The problem I do see with what you've said here, is that you have to remember that you're talking about "on the job training", not a practice course at a school. They are two VERY different things. So really the only thing you can do is back it into the dock when you get to your next one.

DriverMike1984 Thanks this.
  11. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Dude could probably ask to do close quarters training at one of the terminals.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.