My training at Roehl

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by ptw632, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Night Prowler

Night Prowler Medium Load Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Temple, Texas
    Well my attorney said I didn't have to grow up, now where did I put my flip flops ?

TB John Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. coopnp

coopnp Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Van

4. Dryvan trucker

Dryvan trucker Bobtail Member

May 30, 2015
    My buddy told me that he didn't finish his 75,000 miles for Roehl and they took his last two paycheck and still charged him with 3,000 dollars that he had to pay back.

5. Preacher Man

Preacher Man Road Train Member

May 31, 2008
    Mason City, IL
    Getting charged the $3,000 I can see, but taking the entire pay for 2 weeks may be illegal. I realize that trucking has special exemptions, but in most cases it is against the law to take so much that a person earns less than minimum wage. In the past I have gone down this road with previous employers and won, but I never had to deal with it at a trucking company.

6. crazyk

crazyk Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Northern MN
    ####! Not prorated after a certain point or didn't he drive that many miles?

7. crazyk

crazyk Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Northern MN
    Thanks for your posts about Landstar and backing/other stuff. Nice to hear from someone else who has been a Roehl driver what life is like on the outside...esp. someone who has been successful at it. Haven't posted in a while but wanted to at least say thanks!

8. Dryvan trucker

May 30, 2015
    He didn't drive that many miles that they wanted him to. He signed a contract that stated that if he left them before the 75,000 miles then they have the right to take his pay.

9. Dryvan trucker

May 30, 2015
    He signed a contract with Roehl that's why they took his last two paychecks. If he stated with them then he would of lost everything at home. I don't blame him for leaving. Roehl is a okay company but from what I heard they don't pay good and will leave you homeless.

10. Preacher Man

Preacher Man Road Train Member

May 31, 2008
    Mason City, IL
    If you read any contract you will find a clause that states something to the effect that if any part of the contract is found to be illegal, the rest of the contract will still remain in force. The point is that sometimes the government keeps us from doing stupid stuff. Basically, you have to receive payment if you work. Usually there are limits on how much an employer, or other entity including the government can seize from your paycheck. Never assume that the bully is right just because he does something, might does not mean right.

There is a difference between being self-employed and being an employee. If you are self-employed then all bets are off and you can lose everything. Employees have certain protections. I do know that drivers are excluded from being guaranteed minimum wage, but I'm not sure an employer can take 100% of a paycheck.

11. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Roehl is responsible to make sure you have a home?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.