My Werner experience

Discussion in 'Werner' started by FireFighter_02, Apr 13, 2016.

1. FireFighter_02

FireFighter_02 Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    Nope. He picked me up with an empty, we shot up to the dc, dropped it and picked up our loaded and came back right around the hotel to the first dollar store we unload in the morning. I got about 3 hours of drive time in today.

pattyj Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    It's going great! He trainer is a really great guy, and im learning a lot already. It was kinda weird sleeping in the truck the first night lol. I'll keepe you updated more to come

pattyj and ExOTR Thank this.
  4. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Enjoy it! I trained with Werner a decade ago, I lucked out a had a great trainer also. Is he making you help unload? My trainer used to always buy me a meal if I helped him unload, but it was pretty rare as we ran standard OTR.

pattyj Thanks this.
  5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Somehow I knew you and trainer would get along.You're a laid back sort of guy and that helps learning and takes alot of stress off your trainer.

6. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    Update: so now that I have some time I will write out my experiences so far. My
    Trainer is a really cool, laid back guy who doesn't scream, explains things, takes his time teaching, but he also let's me try to figure out what's wrong before correcting it then explaining. I really hope other trainers are the same way, but reading these forums I must've gotten lucky and got a awesome trainer, anyway, we're both on the dollar general account, so far I've been places in Florida I never knew about and some places I knew well, as far as working dollar general it's not bad at all. I actually like it. The rolltainers are pretty easy, the ones filled with bottled water are heavy as heck but I get it done, I also help my trainer unload, its a team effort since I'll be on his account when I get off his truck. So far werner has been good to me. And im learning a lot out here and I hope more people can come to our account and have a positive experience too. I enjoy everything so far. Except missing the wifey lol

pattyj Thanks this.
  7. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    I'm going to the same DG account so I help out so I can learn how to load and unload my own trailer one day

pattyj Thanks this.
  8. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
  9. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    Yes sir, I haven't had time between driving, sleeping and unloading lol. Anyway, everything is still going good, I found out we are getting a pay raise May 1st, so I'm pretty excited, they also now pay students that train on a DG account $600 a week instead of the standard $550. Which is great, also they are giving a pay raise to all the drivers on the DG account. At least the one I am on. My trainer is teaching me a lot and im picking up a lot and quick. As far as doing DG stores most of them are pretty simple to roll the rolltainers in Ive only been to one store that sucked. Everything is going strong still, im going home for the weekend since my trainer lives about an hour south from me, we work tuesday-saturday On this account and run 3 states however I've only drove in 2 so far. Honestly, I'm really glad I opened up my mind and gave werner a chance and gave the DG account a try, it's not something I plan to do forever but I'll be making good money, and I don't mind the work. If anyone has any questions about werner in general or the DG account feel free to reply or pm me. If I don't know the answer I will find out for you. It seems to me most of the keyboard warriors on here are either too lazy to do DG, can't back up, or got fired for safety violations, I don't know but it's really not what it's made out to be on here, my experience has been great and a lot of people I've talked to that just got their own trucks and million milers on DG are still enjoying it. Don't judge a company by the words of others.....so many of you told me to stay away and honestly I'm glad I didn't listen. Thank you to those that have me their support.

ExOTR Thanks this.
  10. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    great attitude. You sound mature and level headed. Just stay focused and keep your objectives on your goal.

FireFighter_02 Thanks this.
  11. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    Thank you. I was very hesitant about Werner and DG in general but now that I've got out here and doing it for myself it's not bad at all. I just knew I had to do something better for myself and my family so I had nothing to lose I went from minimum wage to 600 a week and when I get my own truck should be 1200 a week, I never dreamed I'd see that kindve money, especially in trucking, overall I'm really glad I came here and gave it a chance, it's truly a blessing that I was given the opportunity and I'm very glad I took it, it's definitely not something I want to do forever but right now I'm hoping it can be something to help set up a better future for us. And I really enjoy the home time I get even if it is just most of Saturday through most of monday, it's great to not miss the kiddo grow up and see the wife every weekend. I don't think many people my age (22) would be willing to do this job but I truly enjoy it and feel that I was blessed with the opportunity. I would recommend it to anyone, unless you absolutely can not perform the work due to medical reasons, other than that I don't think there's an excuse to be made its easy work and great money. Thanks to everyone that supported my idea to try this.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.