My Western Experience

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by realfasho, Apr 4, 2013.

1. superpet39

superpet39 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Bay Area California
    :biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Say what you want about WE, but my guess is there are many drivers thankful for a second chance.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    superpet39 Thanks this.
  4. andrel meadows

andrel meadows Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Big 10 on that message. Get experience and go....low pay, not valued as driver, almost non existent home time is y I left after 5 months. Now driving for jordan carriers and love it. Good pay, callthe gm directly, and home 3-4 weekend a month

5. roadhammer123

roadhammer123 Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Springfield, Ma. area
    I really think drivers forget when they got there cdl if your not into P&D bumping 8 to 10 docks a day that they will be trucking 10 to 21 day on the road making money keeping the wheels spinning not stopping at every truck stop for Tee shirt in 07 when i got out of the Army I started with TMC where they value there drivers until the first mistake but i also worked for WE for about 14 months before the pay increase i made ok money always kept me running fixed truck if needed nice people might not all know 100% about trucking they just need to be polite educated lol all in all unless your a dedicated northeast guy expect to do your job and be out 2-3 wks at a time gain exp. and go to better company or stay they have the freight. your have a esier time driving if you dont hold a grudge help each other on the road and be safe

6. ywillia

ywillia Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2015
    This is great they are on my list and I was trying to find information on them from the truckers point of view and being a newbie want to be able to get with a company that will help the newbie and treat them fair Keep posting loving it Can find alot of negative but no real reason for the negative and not a full story. Thanks this really helps :biggrin_25514:

7. ywillia

ywillia Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2015
    This is great they are on my list and I was trying to find information on them from the truckers point of view and being a newbie want to be able to get with a company that will help the newbie and treat them fair Keep posting loving it Can find alot of negative but no real reason for the negative and not a full story. Thanks this really helps :biggrin_25514:

8. Bricktop

Bricktop Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Massachusetts
    Well, I made it a month with WE and I have to say although this is my first experience truck driving WE has to be the worst company in the trucking industry bar none.
    Generally I am a patient and tolerant person. My ability to tolerate the horrible treatment I have received has worn out. As of today after 6 breakdowns and listening to my trainer argue with breakdown department (told him it won't be till monday till they get the truck towed) I have had enough. I am in Charlotte N.C. waiting for a bus back to Boston.... Any questions about what I went through the past two and a hlf weeks ask. It was a nightmare pure and simple.

9. Cruser711

Cruser711 Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Texas Big Country
    Sorry Bricktop. It's unfortunate that you had to deal with that. Hope I can be as tolerant as you. Good luck

10. Bricktop

Bricktop Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Massachusetts
    When we broke down near Chicago after staying in a mitel for 4 days another Western driver picked me up for a ride back to the terminal in Nashville. So, the first day they said it was ok for me to drive (I had been driving about a week at this point) I said cool.... The next morning they sent a message over qalcom saying I couldn't because the driver wasn't a trainer and liability issues. He and I just laughed and I sat back and enjoyed the view...lol
    Later they told him to hook up with the trainer I had till now. After the switch I was glad to get behind the wheel again. After two days we broke down in Pa. Ice in the air lines then about 3days later we had to get the trailer lights rewired in Ct. Then 6 days later the air tank froze again in Buffalo. By then the DM was asking if I was ready to test out. They wanted me to recover a truck in Buffalo. Not for nothing I wasn't driving a truck I know nothing about in a snow storm.... smfh.. Anyway they asked the trainer 4 more times if I could recover a truck on our way to Ga. I was due to test out and go home for 4 days. So, we lied and said I needed more work on the qalcomm. Bottom line they would have stuck me with a load and ran me raggedy. Finally on our way to Oh. From Ga. we lost air pressure in S.C. but manage to nurse it to a Flying J on 77... these Aholes wanted us to find the problem and fix it thats about when I mentally qui. I figure if they are willing to ganble with my safety I was in the wrong company. Them telling the trainer to wait till monday to get towed I packed my stuff called a friend in Charlotte and bought a ticket home.
    In all my years of working I have worked for some bad bosses and companies.None of them have anything on WE.

I gave it a month and dealt with more than my share of adversity and down right disrespectful treatment.

I have options and am going to excersise them....I hope other WE students and pros have a better experience than mine

11. BostonTanker

BostonTanker Road Train Member

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    No offense, draining your tanks daily and adding airline anti freeze keeps lines and tanks from freezing. While waiting for roadside/ tow, you should be looking for the issue. Now if its something major like the compressor, you cannot fiX it. If its something minor, like a loose fitting or air line, you could walk into the truck stop and grab air line and fix. Jeesh. No wonder why nobody pays anymore. Hold the steering wheel. I had a secondary leak during a pre trip. The primary was holding. I drove the truck the 1.5 miles to the shop. Oh no, I can't do that. Did it, got the t shirt. I wouldn't reccomend doing that on a primary system leak. It'll lock wickid quick

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.