National Carriers "The Elite Fleet" Yeah Right!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by gatekeeperbtwnwrlds, Apr 24, 2013.

1. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    when you got your bills in one hand and a baggy of pills in the other hand and the boss said ya got thirty two hours to get to NYC.

Good 'ole days...... mine told me that's whay I had 2 sticks and a V-8. We didn't go there tho, we ran across the bottom with garbage, roses, strawberries and citrus.

lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Most carriers have a turnover rate around 100% bud. These people simply don't wait for it to happen, they're proactive! Next logical step in the mind of a carrier would be to fire you while filling out the app.

Unbelievable !

4. lonewolf262

lonewolf262 Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Atchafalaya Basin
    I don't work for National, but I have talked to a few drivers who do. The company is under new management. It use to be a O/O fleet, Now it's Co-Driver and lease/operator or so I was told by a guy who worked there over twenty years.

Twenty years? That says a lot.....Means he was making good money....until recently. And with the new HOS and E-logs, he said, it's time to move on.

I listen to people with more experience to gain knowledge.

I question people with less experience to find truth.

So, Why did you choose driving to DFW knowing it could cost you if things didn't work out?

Lets assume you have a clean record. Why would a company refuse to offer you a Truck after three days?

Thanks

5. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

And with the new HOS and E-logs, he said, it's time to move on.
    :biggrin_2558:
    You can only Move on for so long to AVOID E-logs , will not be that long to everyone will have them and there is no legal way to avoid HOS

6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    The op is a one hit & run poster...

lonewolf262 Thanks this.
  7. lonewolf262

lonewolf262 Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Atchafalaya Basin
    And there are a dozen reasons why the "Elite-Fleet" is so eager to go----online!

basically,the more control they have, the better they can govern its drivers.

8. AfroBat

AfroBat Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    I gotta chime in on this.... And so dude you think a (company) has rights??? Even the right to break the law??? Dude that's one sick view of trucking if I ever read! That driver risked being blackballed to tell the world the truth and you would have pushed him and his family to the bottom because you wanted to make a buck??? You remind me of a situation that happened down in Texas in which the driver was forced to drive defective equipment and killed somebody well DOT arrested him and the dispatch crew then the owner bailed out the crew but left the driver in jail.
    Dude you may turn a key but you are certainly not a driver, boot licker maybe but driver hell to the no!!!
    Look guy we drivers need protection from all those around us from the federal government right down to corporations that would throw us under the bus in a heartbeat.
    At some point (too late now) we must show the world that we are being taken advantage of but I ask you, When??? If not now When??? Do we wait 6 days 6 months or six years or sixty years???
    By pulling down the pants on trucking and all its flaws and yes corruption you then force the issue to the table.
    Dude was brave to do what he did and yes if I had dispatchers that did that behind my back I'd be ticked off at him and at the dispatchers too but mostly at the federal government who placed me and my little company in the position that it is.
    I won't go into well you should have not gotten so big and sell your business that's another issue. The bottom line is guys like that should be hailed as hero's not scorned or ridiculed.

9. AfroBat

Jul 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Having a what??? What's a CRAP???

10. AfroBat

Jul 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    OK are they or you if you still work for them required to put on chains when roads are bad? They told me about a tire sock I told em I don't put none of those on but will run for em at least a little while. They seem kinda nice. I busted the recruiter in a half truth but I let it slide he was trying to butter my bread a little. How many overnight runs did you get and or were forced to run?
    I may run for this o/o on this site haven't made up my mind yet. I just need Texas and California and I'm happy.

11. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

You do realize your responding to / arguing with POSTS that are nearly 8 months to a year old ?

truckinmike1984 and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.