NATIONAL TRUCKER'S STRIKE TO START IMMEDIATELY

Discussion in 'Truckers Strike Forum' started by bstepler, Aug 28, 2016.

1. f150trucker

f150trucker Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Let's strike on snow days

bzinger, LindaPV and Eeyore05 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. David_Simpson

David_Simpson Medium Load Member

Feb 23, 2016
    i say we strike for MORE snow days!

bzinger, LindaPV and tucker Thank this.
  4. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    That explains it. A 2500# car can do a lot of damage to an 8000# pickup truck...especially at those speeds. Not so much to a 20,000# tractor with >40' of trailer behind it adding another 10,000# of mass if empty (and a lot more with a load on).

5. LGarrison

LGarrison Road Train Member

May 19, 2011
    Sandpoint Idaho
    Truck was closer to 10,000 pounds. About 130 gallons of fuel on board

6. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Here we go again with the truck driver shortage. If there's a driver shortage why are rates going lower and lower?

LGarrison and bzinger Thank this.
  7. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    Elogs.....lol

8. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I like my eLogs. They are occasionally a problem to deal with, but the advantages far outweigh the problems. There is plenty to complain about and rally against but eLogs is not one of them. To complain about eLogs we have to guess and wonder if those don't like to follow rules to the letter (want the flexibility to cheat), or the rules are not worth following to the letter (Ineffective HOS rules). Which is it? Figure it then we'll go from there.

LGarrison Thanks this.
  9. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    I was using sarcasm....

10. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    For me, it's the idea of being tied to that box. Every time you change duty status, you need to be at your truck to make a note of it, or go back and edit to make it right. Had my 1st GPS for 11 years before it quit & still hadn't figured it out. This new unit I've got has all sorts of features, but you know what? It's quicker & easier to scribble my mileage, gallons pumped, and fuel price down on a piece of paper than it is to click here and there looking for the screen to enter in the exact same info. Same with a log book. Nothing difficult about grabbing a pen and drawing a line...so why complicate the system with a computer programmed to enforce compliance without fully understanding the regs it is being asked to run under? I've had issues with safety flagging me and sending me a nastygram both times I've used the 16 hour exception. The first, they were unaware it even existed. The second (new safety guy), he seemed to think that the 15 minutes I spent past the 14th hour doing my post trip made me ineligible to use the exception 3 days later. Exception doesn't say that you had to have been released from duty within 14 hours the previous 7 days...just that you can't have used the exception. The exception is only needed if you DRIVE past the 14th hour, not for merely working past it.

As long as the computer programs used to scan logs for compliance aren't fully up to speed on the regulations, I'm not prepared to subject myself to an electronic version of their flawed system riding in the truck with me.

11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    My current time dealing with eLogs is a mere fraction of the time I spent dealing with paper. And when I was last on paper, I did them in a "very easy and loose" manner.

I'm not tied to "the box", I'm tied to current HOS rules and "the box" merely insures I don't take shortcuts. In theory, paper or electronic, the end result is we're supposed to park when we're supposed to park. Am I wrong or missing something?

Maybe us guys at larger carriers have it easier then independents with our ELD's. I don't even have to bother inputting load information as this is done automatically for us. Only thing I have to do is select a new status when I pull the red park button and remember to change once the PTI is completed. That's it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.