Navajo Express

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Papa_Squirrel, May 21, 2015.

1. Papa_Squirrel

Papa_Squirrel Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Waterloo, NY
    Just started at Navajo Express and didn't really see anything recent on them so thought I would share. Starting pay is .30-.32 per mile unless you have 5 years experience. New as of June 1, 2015 pay for all new hires without five years experience will be mandatory guarenteed pay per day program. First 90 days you get $110 a day 3-9 months $115 then 9-12 months $120 per day. This is regardless miles run, no matter what if you are available to work you get paid the rate nothing more nothing less. After year you start at .35 per mile. That's how they are trying to sell it as a pos. doesn't really work for me in my calculations but for others might be great. Orientation is 2 days, basic stuff, a lot of things that shouldn't have taken a lot of time took too much time, or HOS, FMCSA regs eft...

The company does provide transportation to terminal from home for orientation on form of bus ticket or reimbursing you for fuel. Also get put up in a hotel, nothing fancy just a room, but it's free and trans to and from terminal every day. Don't think you are going to leave orientation on second day and hit the road, they won't issue your truck until next day so you can get at least 10 hr break. I have to fly to Denver from TN to get my tractor as there are only day cans and coffin sleepers at this terminal. Orientation is a video conference with Denver office. Could probably condenced it into one day but some aren't as knowledgable as others and it goes at the pace of the slowest learner.

That's all i can think of now if any questions ask I will try and answer. I will try and update as I go. Just a FYI seems like there is currently a huge change in management, as a lot of upper level managers I was introduced to had only been here a couple weeks or a month or so. Will be interesting to talk to other drivers and see what changes are taking place and their opinion(taken with a bag of salt obviously).

Last edited: May 22, 2015
    born&raisedintheusa and 123456 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Good Luck

Kind of a crummy pay scale, in my opinion............:oops:

4. BASARAB

BASARAB Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Warren, mi
    110 for a 14 hour day, cmon...

DTP, born&raisedintheusa and 123456 Thank this.
  5. JMichael

JMichael Light Load Member

May 16, 2015
    K and B guarantees 1k a week . Pawned

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  6. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yeah really. The only way to get close to $1,000/week gross is to run 3000 miles or more.

7. Efon

Efon Road Train Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Fort Collins, CO
    So if you don't have 5 years experience, you cannot make more than $42k your first year there.

8. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    115 $ a day you work for that? thats like half pay. dont get on the bus!!

9. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    Was this post revised from 1985? Holy crap! That is absolutely horrible pay and shows that this company views you as worthless and replaceable. Any company that pays their drivers in the 30-40cpm range just views them as cheap meat in the seat these days with no plans for them to stay around for a long time at that rate.

10. stlvance

stlvance Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2011
    st louis MO
    got a phone call from them the other day wanting to know if id be interested in returning since they had a pay increase. now i see that it would work out to being less then i made when i quit last december. all in all its a good starter company but long term no way. far as i know they trucks are still turned down below 65 which sucked when it happened to me. and as long as the top 2 people are still there there wont be any changes for the better. about the only good things i can think of is there were about 3 people in the office i could work with and trusted and none of them were one of the 7 dms i had in my time there.

11. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Who owns Navajo Express?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.