near fatal crash,findlay ohio

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Steel Dragon, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    A few weeks ago,was traveling n on 75 near findlay,in the granny lane.
    Signs warning,right lane closed,2 miles ahead,watch for stopped traffic.
    2 trucks trying to pass me before the merge...I see traffic is stopped ahead,but the trucks next to me dont realize it.
    I swear the first truck is going to cause a massive wreck.
    I quickly brake it down,at the last minute,both trucks pull their brakes,and roll into my lane.
    Why the hurry,and why no following distance by the second truck?
    If I didnt slow down,and give way,I would have been involved,through no fault of my own.
    Want to laugh?Traveling the same route yesterday,and there was at least a dozen different tire marks,from drivers locking their brakes.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Because they know if they get behind you, 30 miles up the road when construction is done, they will still be behind you instead of 100 yards in front of you. And you know that 100 yards means they make an extra $10 that year, as they have gone further and all that bs excuses for speeding...

1johnb, Lepton1, Steel Dragon and 3 others Thank this.
  4. camionneur

camionneur Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Funny, see also my new found technique of what turns out to be, uh, reverse psychology (or leading by example), and like I was saying, the answer to the question of "why" in these situations is becuase traffic doesn't flow, plain and simple. You can though... chances are that traffic will fall in behind you to form, even a couple miles ahead of it being inevitable. Just slow down in the thru-lane there and warn them next time, see what happens.

[​IMG]
    Sign post up ahead...

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.