Need a job

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by gurpreetsidhu, Jul 28, 2015.

1. gurpreetsidhu

gurpreetsidhu Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Alexandria va
    I got my class a Cdl licence in April and i got 3 months work experience driving truck back and forth from Virginia to California. I am looking for a job which i can drive from around Virginia to tornonto canada area. If anyone has anyinfo please forward. Thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    maybe you already know this, but if not, make sure you have a US passport.

you don't want to get hired, and not have that.

there is another type of ID you can get, I just forget what it's called.

4. 2Girls_1Truck

2Girls_1Truck Medium Load Member

May 18, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    A passport, a FAST Card or a Nexxus card all suffice.

I wish there was more drivers wanting to go to Toronto and then maybe I wouldn't have to go anymore. (It's a joke, my ride home is usually a load from Toronto heading to the Maritimes, like today)

5. G.Anthony

Dec 10, 2014
    ah, thanks, that's them buggers....

6. 2Girls_1Truck

2Girls_1Truck Medium Load Member

May 18, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    No worries, not sure about the process for ye on that side of the border, but for we Canadians a FAST card is required to haul HazMat in the USA and was also require for a TWIC card to get into the ports w/o paying a fee and having a private security guard follow you around.

Since I don't want to haul hazmat in the U.S. nor sit on container piers all day, I have shamelessly dragged my feet like a child being dragged into the bathtub on this FAST card business for almost 7 years now. Putting the "pro" in "procrastinate" every day!

7. G.Anthony

Dec 10, 2014
    well, being this close to retirement, I have no desire to go into Canada. I was there, many moons ago, when all one had to do was drive in, deliver and get out. if I recall correctly, some where's around Bebe, is where I would stop for food, then cross..??? I just remember Bebe.

the good old days.

8. Bill51

Bill51 Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Enhanced Driver's License also.

9. jerezxp7

jerezxp7 Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2007
    oregon
    It's easy to get a passport or passport card getting into Canada is anything but easy and it's one of the reasons I make more money because very few drivers can get in you don't know what a background check is until you have gone thru the Canadian background check and the things that disqualify you are staggering If you have ever been in a police car and I mean ever you won't be going not until you pay alot of money and it takes years. Oh and if your divorced and pay child support your not getting in I'm sure their are drivers that will have some stories about how they got arrested and they go all the time but every so often they make you repeat the background check and you will be caught up and not allowed in I know example after example drivers who used to go and then got shut out its no joke they will kick you out for a 10 year old speeding ticket you failed to go to court on they find stuff all the way back to your juvenile record again I know drivers are going to sqauk at this but g9 and see for.yourself.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes, but they let Muslim terrorists and Italian Mafia immigrate there all the time. The Canadian news websites show the problems both those groups are causing. 100's if not 1000's of Chinese criminals living there also that falsified their visa request. Canada is tough on Americans though, even for simple matters such as being behind on child support or a 50 yr. old DUI.

11. jerezxp7

jerezxp7 Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2007
    oregon
    This is all true and if your like me and talk to.Canadians they are as fed up with the out of control immigration as people can get Im not sure what the answer is I don't get how anyone lives there but it's not easy to go in and out like I do on a weekly basis.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.