Need advice

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by apie78, Jul 10, 2016.

1. apie78

apie78 Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2011
    minerva ohio
    I have ran box truck with panther before here is my question my soon to be wife wants to be able to go out with me to see if she likes it if she does then she wants to get her class b and team with me my biggest question who will let me solo and take her with me so she can see if she likes it and still make decent money for us to survive on thank you ahead of time

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. justa_driver

justa_driver Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Tennessee
    Youd just have to check with companies that you apply to. Most have rider policies of some kind. Each have different requirements and most require you to pay the rider insurance, which usually is not much. Some require you to be with them a certain period of time before you can get a rider permit while others will let you start right away with riders. Some require you to be married and some dont. @Chinatown can probably give you the names of some companies in your area who have rider policies. Most list on their websites whether they do or not.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I don't know about Class B jobs; but dozens of Class A jobs he can take her as a passenger.

justa_driver Thanks this.
  5. justa_driver

justa_driver Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Tennessee
    Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    She would probably enjoy you having a Class A job in a nice truck set up with refrigerator, diesel APU, direct tv, etc. There's a few of those out there.

justa_driver Thanks this.
  7. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    There are plenty of expediter jobs that run solo, really depends on the small fleet owner. If you find one that will let you train her that is even better, especially if they have nice trucks with all the comforts of home.

Since you are in Ohio, Kentucky is not that far away, maybe you should attend this show with your wife next weekend so she can check out the lifestyle and equipment first hand and you can talk directly to recruiters and small fleet owners about job and training opportunities.

http://www.expediteexpo.com/

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.