Need advice

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by haider99, Sep 29, 2016.

1. haider99

haider99 Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Hello,

QUICK BACKGROUND: My dad and I have 5 trucks and 4 of them are running with carriers. Father has over 10 years but he no longer drives. I am getting my license.

We have our own cvor and insurance quote ready. Most of the trucks are paid off and we want to run the 5th truck independently between ontario and Quebec . One of my driver's who is currently driving my leased on truck is willing to also run with us independently.

What I want to make sure is that I have work before I sign insurance and get plates for truck. My plan is to visit the large carriers such as, Day and Ross, transx, XTL etc and ask the brokerage department of the runs they have availablr and if the can lock me in for something regular for a little while to begin with. Also, I want to have something to show the driver if there is a new driver I will be hiring.
    The only fixed expense I will have to cover initially is the insurance and plates cost.

Please comment on my situation and plan and any suggestions and totally welcome.

Thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    Personally, I would skip running to other carriers for work, get your own customer (s).

Terry270 and rollin coal Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.