Need help please

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by ik007, Jun 26, 2015.

1. ik007

ik007 Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Hi,
    I own Platinum Express Logistics LLC and i have my DOT and MC numbers. My MC number is not yet active because i dont own any vehicles. This is because i only want to hire Owner Operators for now. How can i activate my MC if i dont have my own trucks and trailers? Also where do i go in order to make a carrier packet of my own please help if possible if someone at truckers report knows the process.
    Thank You

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. zinita17601

zinita17601 Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    lancaster pa
    Need help please:i dont have a truck,dont have a dot number or mc number,actually never been around a truck.i wanna set up a bank account where owner operators and truck drivers deposit part of their paychecks for me to spend and enjoy.anybody knows the process?thx

4. powerhousescott

powerhousescott Medium Load Member

Jun 17, 2015
    Pecuiar, MO
    Just a curious question, not trying to be rude, how are you going to manage trucks successfully if you have never driven one, nor own one? You need to go buy your own truck, get your own loads, get ripped off a few times by others, live away from home weeks upon end, get treated like crap by almost everybody. Yeah, you don't look like you are wanting to be an independent carrier, you don't want to have to get up at 02:00 in the morning because one of your owner operators are having problems with their equipment. You don't want to have to drive 750 mile to pick up your owner operator because they could not get his truck fixed for a couple more weeks and you felt that he would enjoy those two weeks at home. No I think until you get your ##* out there and run a truck you will not be able to manage a truck. Please you look more like you want to be a broker, we don't need anymore of you. We only want truckers to truck, and we only want truckers to manage us as well. I tried to hire some supposed Logistics experts with their little logistics degrees, I had to fire them both by noon each time, our drivers and owner operators called me and told me that if they were still in our office when they got back in that they would kill them. Are you sure you are ready to manage these type of guys. They only respect a man's man, if you are a PC guy you have not chance. Come on bud, get in that truck and man up, before you try to manage men you must first become one. For the PC folks before you try to manage women you must first become one (thats what Bruce did) LOL

5. ik007

ik007 Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2014
    I worked as an operations manager for a company in California. We had a fleet of a little over 100 trucks, most owner operators and most reeefers, backhaul was obviously van freight. I know how to negotiate with brokers, dispatch drivers and work with trucking software, i just don't know how to do invoicing and all the other paperwork involved because that wasn't my job at that company.

6. zinita17601

zinita17601 Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    lancaster pa
    How u gonna convince potential o/o to work for u?

7. mikeotr

mikeotr Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2016
    WORTHLESS ...

8. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    In other words, you know everything about running a company, except that little detail of collecting and managing the money.

9. mikeotr

mikeotr Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2016
    YOU HIRE SCUM...

10. Alligator transit

Alligator transit Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2017
    Aurora Illinois
    This company is a scam don't work for them. the only person who i love is Marsha she works in the office and is very sweet lady hope i wish i could marry her

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.