need info about JB Hunt intermodal

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by josh10jet, Jul 18, 2012.

1. NYVET

NYVET Medium Load Member

May 15, 2013
    Springville NY
    Every ramp is different. Buffalo has weekends off. Syracuse also, though I believe they'll be phasing them out soon so I wouldn't ever expect to get in there (not much work so wouldn't be worth it even if you could). It's a great job whatever the schedule, and like any other job, you'll eventually get weekends off with your seniority, just have to be patient and do your time. I worked out of Buffalo for 5 years and just left for Walmart (NO REGRETS there). But Walmart was the ONLY other job I would have left JB Hunt for. Absolutely no regrets working for JB. Take the (industry-wide) BS with a grain of salt so goes the saying. If you do what you're asked and are safe, and can follow their policies, you'll be very happy there. The only people who ever have a problem working for any company are the people who want to do things their own way and are always resistant to company policies. If you remember it's their company and you can follow their rules, it will probably be one of the best jobs you've ever had. And their policies and the rules are not unreasonable either, I only mention that aspect because I know several drivers that I worked with who just refused to abide by their policies, and they are the ones that have bad things to say about the company. I was paid very well, I was treated very well, and it's about one of the easiest jobs you'll ever find in the trucking industry.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RookieJ1987

RookieJ1987 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Is nice to hear that. I know my front door neighbor used to drive for em' for like years, hell he was even a O/O with them . So they ended firing him because of an preventable accident, but that's his side of the story. I truly know this guy personally, he's the type of person that "if ain't my way is no way".

4. PICKLES

PICKLES Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Rogersville, MO
    Hey shoot me a msg will ya?

5. buckman86

buckman86 Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Are you still working at the Jb Hunt charlotte terminal

6. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.